Author Topic: We're Talking Star Trek!!  (Read 19502 times)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
Re: We're Talking Star Trek!!
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2008, 12:54:52 pm »
I believe they disliked him - mostly - because he was a ham, he hogged the spotlight, he demanded all the attention be put on him, he actively sought to cut others' lines so as to give himself more dialogue, that kind of thing.

There was a recent History Channel special in the last year and it kinds of hints at his ego issues.  It was about Star Trek technology becoming a reality and Bill Shatner was the host.  And for the commercial plugs, it was him saying,

"It was me me me - I did all these things..."

I'm sure he's mellowed because he's not the draw he once was.  I do congratulate him, though.  Somehow, he's made himself a 2nd career late in life as a writer, on TV and films portraying himself and as a character actor and I'm sure that also chapped some asses even worse.

One of the loveable things about Shatner is he parodies himself. In many ways the dislike of Shatner by some of the other TOS actors is a reflection on themselves, everyone knows that Shatner is a ham, so what?  He made that show a success along with Nimoy.

I especially see a lot of brittle "sour grapes" in Takei, he impresses me as someone who is as full of himself as Shatner, with none of Shatners' sense of humor and rogueish charm.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2008, 12:05:15 am »
She has been showing up in Heroes, as has George Takei.

Do you remember Walter Koenig playing Bester in Babylon 5?  I loved him in that role.

yes the Bester role is very interesting, especially the idea of the Psi police, a concept that is good to go for lots of scifi.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2008, 12:13:51 am »
well, I was trying to be clever and put a picture at the bottom, and it all got FUBARed.

:'(

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2008, 12:34:36 am »
I'll PM you, its one of my dad's WWII era expressions.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2008, 04:39:42 pm »
http://www.accesshollywood.com/star-trek-creators-widow-passes-away_article_12706

Star Trek Creator's Widow Majel Barret Roddenberry passes away at the age of 76.

Star Trek fans will recognize Majel Barret Roddenberry as the characters "Number One" (from the original series pilot), the voice of the Enterprise computer, Nurse Chapel, and as Lwaxana Troi in ST:NG. 
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2008, 10:36:58 pm »

May she rest well and take pride in her accomplishments and participation in one of the greatest series of morality tales of the 20-21st century and as long as there is celluloid, she will live forever...

RIP Majel Barrett  :(

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2008, 08:41:57 am »
awww..

:-\ :-\

dang I be feeling old...guess there really WON"T be anymore movies with the ol crew...

I just read that Majel Barrett Roddenberry finished all of her post-production work for the new JJ Abrams Star Trek movie two weeks ago.  (Once again, she returns as the voice of the Enterprise computer!)
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2008, 06:00:50 pm »
RIP Majel

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2008, 12:31:19 am »

(A fan's mash-up between Star Trek's The Trouble with Tribbles and the late American artist Edward Gorey)

http://shaenon.livejournal.com/48834.html?style=mine#cutid1

Take a look at that first paragraph.

Alas, for what might have been!

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2008, 04:14:16 am »

Alas, for what might have been!

[/center]

"Now we're talkin'!"

This is the kind of demented work that really gets my attention.

Seriously!

Seriously demented...
 :laugh: