Author Topic: are you a drinker?  (Read 6403 times)

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
are you a drinker?
« on: March 05, 2008, 10:54:39 pm »
jack and ennis seemed to drink a lot. ...and i guess it went with the territory, the times, the job, the cowboy way...whatever...
so, outta curiosity, i thought i'd start this poll about drinking styles.

if i've left something out, feel free to elaborate.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: are you a drinker?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 11:22:13 pm »
Heya,

I usually have wine with dinner.  So, I picked one drink per day. 

I almost never let myself get drunk... or, I try to avoid it at all costs.  I hate the feeling of being drunk.  But, I really love the flavor of wine and I think cocktails can be fun.  I also have developed a taste for good beers over the years too.  Since becoming a Brokie I've had more whiskey than I ever had previously. It's pretty interesting how different various brands of whiskey really taste.  Lately I've settled on Jack Daniels as my favorite (above even more expensive kinds).

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 11:37:14 pm »
I don't ever hardly drink.

If I do drink, it has to be a very very special occasion, a very very very bad day or a very very expensive wine/champagne,  otherwise, nope.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 11:45:03 pm »
I don't ever hardly drink.

If I do drink, it has to be a very very special occasion, a very very very bad day or a very very expensive wine/champagne,  otherwise, nope.

well, for a long time i stayed clear away from the stuff because i had a weird reaction to it...like, after one beer, i'd throw up....
so recently i started trying wine, and it seems to be fine, as long as i know when to stop.  i know that i can get carried away, so i really have to watch myself.
also, i've been calorie counting lately, and i hate wasting calories on beverages, so i'm definately cutting down on my alcohol intake.

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 11:53:02 pm »
I dont really like the taste of much alcohol but I have occassionaly found one that I like, and will drink if I'm at a party.....most recent one is a drink called Pulse....its Vodka and Guava...very sweet, and apparently the Guava is something that gives you a bit of a lift, so it keeps you nice and active at a party.

Because I dont drink much, it only takes a couple of cans for me to feel tipsy.

Two drinks and I'm anybody's

Three drinks and I'm everybody's

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 11:55:18 pm »
I dont really like the taste of much alcohol but I have occassionaly found one that I like, and will drink if I'm at a party.....most recent one is a drink called Pulse....its Vodka and Guava...very sweet, and apparently the Guava is something that gives you a bit of a lift, so it keeps you nice and active at a party.

Because I dont drink much, it only takes a couple of cans for me to feel tipsy.

Two drinks and I'm anybody's

Three drinks and I'm everybody's

oh, that's funny!
my lack of proper judgment when i'm drunk is scarey!

that's neat about the guava

oh, that's funny!
my lack of proper judgment when i'm drunk is scarey!

that's neat about the guava

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 12:58:10 am »
I drink liquor, or wine very rarely. An old bottle of scotch sits in the pantry, occasionally opened on special occasions, and somewhere there is a bottle of wine.

now when I was younger, I wasn't such a moderate.

O0

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 01:10:21 am »
I drink liquor, or wine very rarely. An old bottle of scotch sits in the pantry, occasionally opened on special occasions, and somewhere there is a bottle of wine.

now when I was younger, I wasn't such a moderate.

O0

:laugh:

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 02:39:06 am »
I like a good wine for a special dinner or a holiday and I love really good champagne.  Mix drinks are nice at a party or happy hour with friends but these days I don't drink much.  If Bob and I go out for Mexican food we will have a beer with the meal though
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 12:31:35 pm »
That is funny, or not!  Seriously, when I was younger I would use alcohol to get past my shyness at social gatherings, usually to excess once I got started.

Today we take a little sunset drive around our neighborhood most days in our golf cart and bring a glass of wine or a beer.  The most I will consume is 2-3 drinks, being careful to eat to minimize the damage.

I had not been drunk in years until this past holiday season, when our neighborhood when caroling (an excuse to get together and drink, really).  I consumed way too much wine without having had any dinner.  The results were disastrous, including a 2-day hangover and a good-sized bruise on my forehead.  And this was with my husband there to look out for me.  I have learned my lesson for a while!

my hangover's last forever now too!  if i get drunk, i feel awful for two days at least.  not fun anymore.
is it just part of getting older?