Author Topic: Plastic Surgery - Had Any? Opinions?  (Read 5884 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Plastic Surgery - Had Any? Opinions?
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 12:26:17 pm »
Well, from my experience, I can tell you, don't bother.  My septum decided to deviate again after the surgery.  I have heard that it happens quite often.  I could breathe way better before my surgery.  My dad says the same.  Now it is lots of sniffling and sleeping with my head propped up at night to breathe.

If I lay down, no amount of propping will open my head.  I use nasal sprays which the doctors always tell you not to do, but they're not trying to get a decent nights sleep.

I've been told it's a combination of my deviated septum and sinus polyps - hence the nasal sprays and sinus scouring  :(

I hadn't heard septums can deviate again - swell  :P - but I had been told polyps can redevelop, so *sigh* regardless if I spend thousands, likely I'll just have to have the operation again in another 10 years.

But it does trouble me.  I get the feeling that I'm losing my sense of smell.  I went to the Thames in London and the beach at Brighton, hung along the banks of the Seine, expecting to smell the scent of ocean and river and I didn't smell anything.  And scent is an important sense.  My mother's home is heated by natural gas, and I wonder when I go visit if she might have a gas leak and I not be able to smell the warning signs.

That's one of the major reasons I will someday take a chance on the surgery.