Author Topic: To you, what is FUN for you in the BM movie?  (Read 50299 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
To you, what is FUN for you in the BM movie?
« on: March 07, 2008, 11:21:48 pm »
To you, what is FUN for you in the BM movie?

Fun, can be what you want and what you can detail.

Post as often as you can. Even add pic(s), if you like too??

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Artiste

Re: To you, what is FUN for you in the BM movie?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 06:49:03 pm »
Somehow, seeing Jack smile is fun for me.

Seeing Ennis smile more so?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 07:09:47 pm »
Yeah, seeing Jack smile's fun. And Ennis teasing him about his harmonica playing (and then later teasing him about forgetting to bring it).

Hmmmm...what else? I love the scene where Jack is doing is "rodeo cowboy" impression and ends up falling over. Ennis banging on the tripod over the fire with the spoon(?) when Jack's singing "Water Walking Jesus". I like those fun bits.

If there's one thing I think the movie could have had more of, it would be the "fun" times they had together.

I agree though. Seeing Ennis smile is even better.

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 07:49:01 pm »
This movie was sort of short on fun moments, per se, I have to admit.  One moment I thought was rather funny was when Cassie doesn't take no for an answer from Ennis, and drags him out on the dance floor anyway when they first meet.  I mean, how many girls DON'T understand that when a man's gotta go pee, a man's GOTTA go pee.  Not like girls at all, in that sense.  Most of us have bladders the size of Texas.  I know I can go for several hours after that initial urge.  Anyway, back to the point, Ennis must have been at least somewhat intrigued by her bravado, if nothing else, cause there he was out there, doing his finest interpretation of dancing.  Let's face it, old Heath wasn't exactly twinkletoes in any of his movies, was he (A Knight's Tale, 10 Things I Hate About You)?  Anyway, that's one of the few "fun" moments I can recall.

And, of course, every time either of them smiled in each other's presence.  Definitely.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Artiste

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 08:26:19 pm »
Thanks BlissC!

Ennis teasing him about his harmonica playing

I love that too!

And what do you think about Ennis runing after jack or was it Jack runing after Ennis?

Au revoir, hugs!

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 02:08:17 pm »

I find funny,or at least cute,the way Jack laugh in the scene of "Tent don´t look right".And the smitten glances they give to each other after Ennis says "what?".
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 02:21:37 pm »
Thanks myprivatejack!

I find funny,or at least cute,the way Jack laugh in the scene of "Tent don´t look right".And the smitten glances they give to each other after Ennis says "what?". 

Same here. Maybe someone will tell us?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 05:07:49 pm »
Yeah, the "tent don't look right" scene always made me smile too, with Ennis fiddling around with it an keep adjusting it, and right of the end of that scene, as Ennis sits back down next to the fire Jack gives a grin - I like that.  :)

With the smitten glances after the "What?", especially with Jack, it's like you can see him thinking it's special that Ennis is finally talking to him like that.

Another bit that always makes me laugh, though it's not a "fun" bit, is when Jack arrives at Ennis's and the exchange between Ennis and Alma, just because it's such an odd thing to say:

Alma: You know, your friend could come inside, have a cup of coffee...
Ennis: He's from Texas.
Alma: Texans don't drink coffee?

I agree with Mandy21 though - the movie was short on the "fun" moments, and I think it could have done with a little more.

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 08:20:56 pm »
Thanks BlissC!

Should we be surprised that Alma did NOT off a can of those famous beans?

Would that have been more a joke as to lighten up that scene?

Do you think Ennis had told her about the beans?

Hugs!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 10:46:06 pm »
This movie was sort of short on fun moments, per se, I have to admit.  One moment I thought was rather funny was when Cassie doesn't take no for an answer from Ennis, and drags him out on the dance floor anyway when they first meet.  I mean, how many girls DON'T understand that when a man's gotta go pee, a man's GOTTA go pee.  Not like girls at all, in that sense.  Most of us have bladders the size of Texas.  I know I can go for several hours after that initial urge.  Anyway, back to the point, Ennis must have been at least somewhat intrigued by her bravado, if nothing else, cause there he was out there, doing his finest interpretation of dancing.  Let's face it, old Heath wasn't exactly twinkletoes in any of his movies, was he (A Knight's Tale, 10 Things I Hate About You)?  Anyway, that's one of the few "fun" moments I can recall.

And, of course, every time either of them smiled in each other's presence.  Definitely.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO true.  I flew non-stop France to Texas and never went to the bathroom once.

What's fun for me are their early scenes together.  While they're together in their personal paradise of Brokeback.  Later, after, it's more bittersweet than 'fun'.