Author Topic: To you, what is FUN for you in the BM movie?  (Read 50327 times)

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: To you, what is FUN for you in the BM movie?
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2008, 10:23:21 am »
to me these scenes of intimacy and emotion were not so much "fun" in the sense of light hearted, humorous, casual or inherently common/quirky. Rather, they are hugely pivotal and emotional to me. but that's me! LOL

Another mini scene of "fun" to me was when Ennis started running after the supplies following the encounter with the bear. Ennis looked like a crippled old man running! I thought 'that boy needs to work out more and get in better shape!'. Very fun, especially after the bear thing which I was very nervous was going to do harm to Ennis.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2008, 11:49:46 am »
Thanks HerrKaiser!

Another mini scene of "fun" to me was when Ennis started running after the supplies following the encounter with the bear. Ennis looked like a crippled old man running! I thought 'that boy needs to work out more and get in better shape!'. Very fun, especially after the bear thing which I was very nervous was going to do harm to Ennis.

Yes, that is interesting!

And as you note, Ennis moves like an old man !! I wondered why?

Hugs!

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2008, 02:42:55 pm »
"Ennis looked like a crippled old man running"

"Ennis moves like an old man"

Hmmm...

Either of you men ever fallen off a horse???

Or been confronted by a hungry bear???

I'm thinking the judgments should stay in your pockets till you have been ;)

Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline HerrKaiser

« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2008, 04:00:58 pm »
I'm thinking the opinions/notations about the topic has nothing to do with making  "judgments" they way you refer. And even if they were, no need to remain silent just because we may not have fallen off a horse. It that were true, my good woman, your inputs about two men in love would have to stay in your pockets.  ;)

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2008, 04:21:38 pm »
Sorry for any offense, HerrKaiser.  And thanks for calling me "my good woman", that was nice, are you British?  All I was trying to say is that I myself have fallen off a horse, and it's a long fall down.  Like rearview mirrors, horses are much bigger than they appear.  They're quite tall, and you can literally count the seconds as you're going down, trying to determine how best to fall so that you don't break your neck and die.  My ex-husband once ran into a laundry line on a horse, went flying off the back of him, broke his collar bone, was on hardcore pain medication for two months.  My point was simply that any one who falls off a horse is lucky just to be walking at all, let alone running away from a bear, as Ennis so valiantly attempted to do in order to save both the food and the animals.  Again, sorry if any offense.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline HerrKaiser

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2008, 04:45:59 pm »
no offense taken (only minor  :) ) and no apology necessary. but thank you.

I do understand the point you are making in the literal sense, but I did find Ennis' scamper to be a bit whimsical in appearance for a 19 year old young man, especially as the scene went from danger to quickly being light and funny with all the supplies strewn around and the mules beyond his control. Hence, the post regarding "fun" parts of the film.

another fun tidbit for me was Ennis' line "...only if I don't have to sing" when his little girls asked him if he'd be home in time for the church social. That was so rock bottom common and typical of a Dad jesting with his kids about such things. Loved his warmth and levity while knowing his mind was elsewhere.

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2008, 05:37:31 pm »
;D I'm in that boat.

Just the I-smash-you-to-the-wall-and-you-smash-me-back was...romantic  ;)

Hell yeah! With you on that one friend!

I reckon there's just about only Jake and Heath that could pull that scene off and make it both intense and romantic.

me too!!!! but with some of the tender scenes like motel thrown in as well.It gets me every time I see Ennis ub Jacks arm in the motel,so loving.

Agreed. The film (and the story) IMHO was too short on both the fun and tender moments, though I guess as we've found there are a fair few fun bits in there, but very subtly done.

I know the Ennis staggering around trying to pick up the food and chase the horses wasn't supposed to be funny, but there was something vaguelly comic about it, though it was sweet in a way as well, the way he was trying to collect everything up so that Jack would have more than beans to eat for the following week. As usual, caring for Jack in the way only he could.

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Artiste

« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2008, 07:19:29 pm »
Thanks BlissC!

Since you say:
I know the Ennis staggering around trying to pick up the food and chase the horses wasn't supposed to be funny...

Do you think that Jack  having troubles with his horse is...funny?

Hugs!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2008, 08:10:26 pm »
I love that bit near the beginning when Ennis is warning him she has a low startle point and Jack's struggling to get her to do what he wants. The look that Ennis gives and smiles is just so funny! Yeah, I think that's a fun scene too.

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Artiste

« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2008, 08:26:48 pm »
Thanks bliss!

Wwow, you say:
 Ennis is warning him  (Jack) she (Jack's horse) has a low startle point and Jack's struggling to get her to do what he wants. The look that Ennis gives and smiles is just so funny! Yeah, I think that's a fun scene too.

May I agree with you!

And add something similar:
 Ennis is warning him (Jack)... that like Jack's horse (she has a low startle point), ... that he had also a low starting point to start LIKING JACK AS A FRIEND/BUDDY/LOVER/PAL... and Jack's struggling to get her to do what he wants. (... will also struggle with him ((Ennis))  to get him into a LOVE AND/OR SEX RELATIONSHIP - could that be like a forecast??

Is that fun too to think that?

Hugs!