Author Topic: To you, what is FUN for you in the BM movie?  (Read 50320 times)

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
Re: To you, what is FUN for you in the BM movie?
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2008, 08:46:13 pm »
Hmmmm....I'm not sure if it's a forecast as such, but I guess it could be taken as a metaphor for Ennis and Jack's relationship. Interesting observation.

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2008, 12:54:22 pm »
Thanks Bliss!

May I ask you to detail or give example(s) as you say:
 it could be taken as a metaphor for Ennis and Jack's relationship. Interesting observation.
Bliss:
Fun somehow in that too?

Au revoir,
hugs!   

Offline Artiste

« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2008, 06:41:35 pm »
Are beans in the BM movie fun somehow for you?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2008, 08:38:47 pm »
Ennis is warning him  (Jack) she (Jack's horse) has a low startle point and Jack's struggling to get her to do what he wants. The look that Ennis gives and smiles is just so funny! Yeah, I think that's a fun scene too.

And add something similar:
 Ennis is warning him (Jack)... that like Jack's horse (she has a low startle point), ... that he had also a low starting point to start LIKING JACK AS A FRIEND/BUDDY/LOVER/PAL... and Jack's struggling to get her to do what he wants. (... will also struggle with him ((Ennis))  to get him into a LOVE AND/OR SEX RELATIONSHIP - could that be like a forecast??

May I ask you to detail or give example(s) as you say:
 it could be taken as a metaphor for Ennis and Jack's relationship. Interesting observation.

Well from the start, right from when they arrive in Aguirre's yard Jack's behaviour is bordering on flirting with Ennis, in the way he keeps looking at him, and various scenes up on Brokeback where Jack looks at him in a certain way, holding the look for maybe just a fraction too long, and Ennis obviously picks up on that. Jack's quite clearly taking control when it comes to their relationship, and with FNIT, again it's Jack who makes the first move. The "low startle point"'s quite interesting too, because in their conversations it's very easy for Ennis to tense up, and clam up if the subject strays into something he doesn't want to talk about or something he's not comfortable with. It'd be interesting to know if AP intended that scene to be a kind of metaphor for their relationship, or whether it was simply Ennis already showing his protectiveness towards Jack.

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Artiste

« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2008, 09:45:04 pm »
Thanks Bliss!

Your comment:
Well from the start, right from when they arrive in Aguirre's yard Jack's behaviour is bordering on flirting with Ennis, in the way he keeps looking at him, and various scenes up on Brokeback where Jack looks at him in a certain way, holding the look for maybe just a fraction too long, and Ennis obviously picks up on that. 
is so well said!

I am so happy that you say that! I thought that I was tne oNLY one seeing that!

And I find that, those looks by Jack fun!!

Do you?

Hugs! Happy Good Friday!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2008, 07:09:49 pm »
Much fun!  ;D

As we've said before recently, the fact that for the first five minutes of the film at least not a word is spoken, but they convey so much just in the glances they exchange says so much - so much about Heath and Jake's skills as actors, as well as the relationship between Ennis and Jack. The shots where Jack's checking out Ennis in the rear view mirror while he's shaving are just so funny, and it continues from the jump-off where Ennis warns Jack about the horse having a low startle point - Ennis casts a few looks in Jack's direction when he thinks Jack isn't looking, and before Jack eventually manages to get the horse under control and set off, he turns and glances at Ennis again. This one I think is the shot where he turns back to look at Ennis, and there's another one, one morning when he's setting off back to the sheep where he does a similar thing. This one though is the one after it, and Ennis is definitely checking him out!

Probably the funniest though is when Ennis strips off and starts washing, and Jack's by the fire peeling potatoes trying not to look. You can tell he soooo wants to look, and he's kind of looking our of the corner of his eye while he's supposed to be concentrating on the potato!

Yeah, I guess Jack's looks and his flirting is kinda fun. There's just something in those looks that's sort of teasing Ennis, and trying to get some sort of response out of Ennis. I guess it works too, because I was thinking yesterday about FNIT and about how when Jack grabs his hand and he pulls away. I can't remember what he says, but it really doesn't take him very long at all to get over that initial shock and decide to take things further.  I don't think he'd have reacted that way if he hadn't already been aware of Jack's flirting and been thinking about the implications of that, even if on a sub-conscious level, although I suspect that he'd possibly consciously been aware of it.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2008, 07:24:25 pm »
Rhanks dellaluvia!

You say:
What's fun for me are their early scenes together.

Yes, they are pleasurable! 

Did you mention beans too or anyone did as FUN in some ways??

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2008, 07:28:15 pm »
Thanks bliss!

You say:
Yeah, I guess Jack's looks and his flirting is kinda fun

Yes, Jack's looking at Ennis is fun, since we know that he is flirting with Ennis!!

Does Jack find that his flirting fun ?? Do you think?

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2008, 07:38:25 pm »
Like you said FUN...

Probably the funniest though is when Ennis strips off and starts washing, and Jack's by the fire peeling potatoes trying not to look. You can tell he soooo wants to look, and he's kind of looking our of the corner of his eye while he's supposed to be concentrating on the potato!

I enjoy your description!! Very much!! Hopefully, there will be MORE such scenes in BM  II ??

Would you like that?

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2008, 07:16:21 pm »
Did anyone mention booze ??

Is that suppose to be fun ??

Hugs!