Author Topic: To you, what is FUN for you in the BM movie?  (Read 50331 times)

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
Re: To you, what is FUN for you in the BM movie?
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2008, 09:34:35 pm »
13 takes!!

And what came before one was chosen, any were/was sex ACTION?

Was one or some: too obviously sexy as in the FIRST SEX scene?

And what came after?

I wonder which of the 13 ones, the director or so did use??

Was it for fun that Ennis used his hat on his crotch... and was that in all the 13 takes??

I'd love to know that. I noticed the "hat over the crotch" thing tonight when I was watching a clip of the film and wondered the same thing (if that was intentional and whose idea it was)

I guess from a director's/technical point of view it would be a difficult scene to shoot, getting the feel of the scene right and choreographing it right for it to be acceptable to the film classification boards. Interesting, as you say Artiste though to know why 13 takes, and which of those they used in the end. It would be so funny if after 13 takes Ang said, "Right, well actually we've decided we like the first take best after all!"  :D  :laugh:

Nothing at all to do with FNIT, but I also remember reading somewhere that for the really sad scenes where she was crying Michelle/Alma, to make it more realistic for when she was upset, asked if Jake and Heath would kiss off camera, and they agreed to do it. Isn't it funny the strange bits of movie trivia you pick up while wandering around the web?  :laugh:

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2008, 10:27:11 pm »
Thanks Bliiss!

You say:
It would be so funny if after 13 takes Ang said, "Right, well actually we've decided we like the first take best after all!"

Bliss: Yes, that would be fun!!

And, may I add,  would it be so funny if after 13 takes Ang said, "Right, well actually we've decided NOT to have your hat on your crotch after all Heath" And I wonder what would Heath do, especially since he had been touching Jake G. and vice versa been touched so well and often during the 13 previous takes? Dare I ask? And imagine Heath who would maybe have to go to the washroom first to straighten out something, before the 14th take?

Wouldn't most straight, bi or gay males, be concerned of his appearance on camera after being touched and touching so often? Dare I ask that for fun?

Is that why both Heath and Ennis laughed concerning their talks about that scene?

And you say:
Nothing at all to do with FNIT, but I also remember reading somewhere that for the really sad scenes where she was crying Michelle/Alma, to make it more realistic for when she was upset, asked if Jake and Heath would kiss off camera, and they agreed to do it. Isn't it funny the strange bits of movie trivia you pick up while wandering around the web?   

Really Bliss? Boy, I hope the camera was on those times too... and I know you want to see that, if possible?? Would you find that fun??

Au revoir,
hugs!!

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2008, 07:24:39 am »
Sorry,but I didn't explained myself well enough; the 13 takes scene was not the SNIT (or Second Night In Tent) but the first one...it's to say,the night of their first sexual experience.Maybe in this case fun was greater...Specially,yes,if Ang had choosen the third or fourth take after all... :laugh:  Speaking clearly,and as I'm not a man,but I guess difficult not TO MAKE IT REALLY IN THE END.For a simply question of frequent touches,I mean. ;D
And yes,Bliss,I've also read about Michelle's asking the boys to kiss; it was in the reunion scene,when she must feel painfully surprised for what she saw.In order to increase her feelings before camera-as she had already fallen in love with Heath-,she asked them to increase also their passion.During an scene that also,by the way,must be repeated some times more;you must heard it on Oprah interview,because Jake said it.And yes,both of them laughed a lot speaking about this.For shame or...? ::)
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #123 on: March 26, 2008, 02:53:13 pm »
Wasn't the Second Night in the Tent done also many times?

How many takes?

And any fun about it? More...

au revoir,
hugs!

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2008, 01:38:09 pm »
Wasn't the Second Night in the Tent done also many times?

How many takes?

And any fun about it? More...

au revoir,
hugs!

I really don't know how many takes needed SNIT...What I know is that Heath said once that there were moments when he didn't know what to do; and that was good,because it reflected better the insecurities,fears and shyness of his character.I think he referred to this scene,but it's logical that he felt a little uneasy-mainly if Ang gave them freedom to do as they pleased,you know what I mean...-and this situation was the same than Ennis could felt before Love's discovering.I don't know if it's fun,but a little morbid,no?. :D
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2008, 06:37:22 pm »
Thanks myprivatejack!

Interesting!

I find that the second tent scene... fun !!

To me, it's fun because it's charming, since BOTH actors are  going slowly with thoughts of caressing and being carressed!!

Such pleasure us fun for me!!

Is that it?

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2008, 07:03:46 pm »
Is SEX fun in it?

Pour toi...

Offline Artiste

« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2008, 09:17:05 pm »
Yes, is sex FUN in it?

For you?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline MsMercury

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #128 on: April 05, 2008, 12:09:08 am »
I found this link today and thought i'd share it with you. I'm sure you guys have probably already seen it so my apologies if you have.
http://www.buzzimage.com/en/work/making_of/33

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #129 on: April 05, 2008, 12:46:14 pm »
Wow! That's amazing stuff! Part of me though doesn't want to know how they did the CGI sheep and stuff because that reminds me it's not real. Crazy huh?  :laugh:

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."