Author Topic: Shelter: The "gay surfer movie" (it's so much more!). See it now and discuss it!  (Read 323929 times)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
I think he meant "I never knew you knew about what I have been doing the past years since I moved away..."

Oh I was wondering about the conversation in the car, the moment they break up and Zach lashes out at Shaun, telling him to get another fantasy. What do you make of that scene? Do you think Zach at that moment believes that Shaun is taking advantage of him just like his sister tried to make him believe, that to Shaun, Zach was just a summer fuck?

I choose to believe this theory. (Snork, you make it sound so hot and dirty!)

I really enjoyed the movie 'Shelter'. I still don't get the title, though. 'Shelter' from what?
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

mvansand76

I choose to believe this theory. (Snork, you make it sound so hot and dirty!)

I really enjoyed the movie 'Shelter'. I still don't get the title, though. 'Shelter' from what?

Shelter is also a surfing term, and I think Zach is finally findig Shelter for himself in Shaun, after having given it to everybody around him...

mvansand76

Oh I just figured out someting. When Gabe, Zach and Shaun are surfing together and after Gabe and Zach talk and Shaun comes out of the water and Gabe goes back into the water, Shaun kneels down before Zach and asks "What's the matter, babe..." and Zach pulls away, Shaun points in the direction of Gabe in the water, like he was trying to say "He already knows." but he can't get a word in edgewise because Zach freaks out and tells Shaun to chill. I really do think Gabe already knows in this scene, must've heard about it through the grapevine.

:P

mvansand76

I just wanted to tell you all that I am ignoring ALL your posts here on this thread 

j. U. d. E.

Good luck with that!  ;D ;)

I so hope the DVD comes out in Europe. Otherwise we will probably have to settle for buying the US region DVD and getting a region-free DVD player... I would find it rather silly if the DVD doesn't come out in Europe, because I heard from a German girl that she saw it in the cinema in her town. So it did come out in Europe, but very randomly.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Can you tell me a bit more about a region free DVD player? I am not familar with them.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

mvansand76

Can you tell me a bit more about a region free DVD player? I am not familar with them.

Yes, but first I will post this pic I found on ennisjack...  ;D

You can buy region-free DVD players, which is very interesting for Europeans, because with the dollar being at an all-time low, we can buy cheap DVDs in the States, through amazon.com. It's such a silly thing that they have regions still.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Wow, Mel, you're on a roll here... ;) That's a nice picture.

Shelter is also a surfing term, and I think Zach is finally findig Shelter for himself in Shaun, after having given it to everybody around him...

Is there something about this movie you don't know?  :o

Thanks for the answer. I was wondering about the title too.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

mvansand76

Is there something about this movie you don't know?  :o

Thank God for the internet, huh?

;D

• BetterMost Supporter!
It's such a silly thing that they have regions still.

You can say that twice and mean it! What were they thinking?

• BetterMost Supporter!
(Chuck will be so proud of me)

Here is Treavor Wright in 1989, he is the kid on the motorcycle at 2:26 :

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgVhmly4s-M[/youtube]