Author Topic: Shelter: The "gay surfer movie" (it's so much more!). See it now and discuss it!  (Read 323917 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
And this, one of my favorite scenes in gay themed cinema, Sean Hayes and Brad Rowe dance to Petula Clark:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EONblZu7iqQ&feature=related[/youtube]
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

• BetterMost Supporter!
Mel you mentioned 10 years difference in ages, I think that is right. When Shaum meets up with Tori again he reminds of her of when she was 13 and he bought them wine coolers. He would have been about 21 to do that, making him about 8 years older than her, and I think she, Zach and Gabe are all about the same age.

In real life Brad Rowe will be 38 in a couple of weeks, I can't find out how old Treavor Wright is.

Did you notice when Zach is talking to Shaun on the walkie talkies he is surrounded in his bed by black and white rectangles on the wall, and when they finish he gets a new marker out. The next time you see that room the rectangles are all colored red.

So why did they need to stop at the clothing store to buy Cody flipflops to go to dinner when he had on a pair of shoes?

mvansand76

Mel you mentioned 10 years difference in ages, I think that is right. When Shaum meets up with Tori again he reminds of her of when she was 13 and he bought them wine coolers. He would have been about 21 to do that, making him about 8 years older than her, and I think she, Zach and Gabe are all about the same age.

In real life Brad Rowe will be 38 in a couple of weeks, I can't find out how old Treavor Wright is.

Did you notice when Zach is talking to Shaun on the walkie talkies he is surrounded in his bed by black and white rectangles on the wall, and when they finish he gets a new marker out. The next time you see that room the rectangles are all colored red.

So why did they need to stop at the clothing store to buy Cody flipflops to go to dinner when he had on a pair of shoes?

Great video finds, Truman!  :D Oh no, the motor cycle video is no longer available! Was it Paula Abdul?

If you can find out how old he is in the video approx., then you have a pretty good estimate of how old he is!

Funny to be trying to find out info about actors who are not that famous (but should be)...

Wonderful observation about the red, the director uses the red to signify something. I read that in the photoshoot article (see below). Where have we discussed this before in another movie?  ::) I think it's the one with the gay cowboys...  :P

But I like the use of red in the movie...

Here's the photoshoot with all the red:

• BetterMost Supporter!
Yeah click on the youtube link just above the picture and you'll get the Paula Abdul video, I think it is embedded, or something....

mvansand76

Youtube says: This video is not available in your country.

What the fuck?  >:(

::)

• BetterMost Supporter!
Youtube says: This video is not available in your country.

What the fuck?  >:(

::)

Now that is f'ed up. How can they.....ah hell they can do anything they want I guess.

Well what your missing is a younger Paula Abdul (this was 19 years ago) trying to teach some kids how to dance and Treavor Wright breifly appears, on a motorcycle, approximatly 6 years old.

injest

ok ok!! I will look for the DVD!! Ya'll done talked me into it!

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Hey everyone

My name's Christie and I'm from ennisjack.com, Mel told me there was a Shelter thread here to come and look. I've just got caught up on it and its great to know there are other fans of this awesome film.  I watched it a couple of nights ago and cant stop thinking about it!  I'm kind of hooked.  ;)

Love all the discussions, theories, opinions, vids, pics......I hope to join in, when I can stop swooning!  :laugh:

injest

oops! says it doesnt come out til the end of May!

>:( >:(

oh well something to look forward to!

• BetterMost Supporter!
Hey everyone

My name's Christie and I'm from ennisjack.com, Mel told me there was a Shelter thread here to come and look. I've just got caught up on it and its great to know there are other fans of this awesome film.  I watched it a couple of nights ago and cant stop thinking about it!  I'm kind of hooked.  ;)

Love all the discussions, theories, opinions, vids, pics......I hope to join in, when I can stop swooning!  :laugh:

Hey Christie, I checked out the thread over at ennisjack last night, very nice, some nice pics too.

There is an article I saw someplace, I think it was referenced on ImDB that compares it to and "Anti-Brokeback" movie in that it ends differently, I will see if I can find it.