Author Topic: Shelter: The "gay surfer movie" (it's so much more!). See it now and discuss it!  (Read 323956 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
And what about the right on a chain that he is wearing around his neck? Maybe that is his mothers wedding band?

I've been thinking more about this jewelry...

Doesn't Jeanne have a similar necklace on? I thought I saw something like that in the scene where she's leaving Cody behind (I still can't believe she did that!)

Yep, we definitely need screencaps!

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

injest

I have been trying to figure our where that is at their house, like on a patio or a driveway.

I just can't get over Jeanie would leave her son behind to be with some guy. I know it has happened in real life, but damn, the look on Zach;s face as they frive away he is so angry at her, but it all works out. 

Jeanie is the only character that didnt' ring very true to me. Too much of a mixture....a woman that selfcentered would not be so accepting of her brothers homosexuality, she wouldn't have had such empathy as she shows in that scene in the living room.

injest

I thought about that too, but Zach asks Shaun about his break up before they talk about his book. It seem like he knows about Shaun, I guess Shaun could be assuming he thinks he broke up with a woman. Cody seems to have no problem with his brother being gay, I would imagine Zach would have know about Shaun from Gabe, but kept that he read Shaun's book, which must have had some risque material, from Gabe so he wouldn't be suspect. 

yes, he asks about the breakup BEFORE he mentions the book.

Now what was REALLY interesting to me was the exchange about the book....Shaun says "Gabe never told me" that Zack had read the book...makes me wonder if Gabe knew that Shaun had a thing for Zach already. cause I think Shaun (whether consciously or not) came back to the area because of Zack...

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Hmm, I wonder. I have wondered if that film of Gabe and Zach skateboarding might have been shot by Shaun, somebody had do. I suppose Tori could have. Although he is older he is acquainted with all the gang, even know about how old Cody is.

I think the first time they are on screne together the chemestry starts.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
yes, he asks about the breakup BEFORE he mentions the book.

Now what was REALLY interesting to me was the exchange about the book....Shaun says "Gabe never told me" that Zack had read the book...makes me wonder if Gabe knew that Shaun had a thing for Zach already. cause I think Shaun (whether consciously or not) came back to the area because of Zack...

Interesting. This might be true. I also had a feeling that Shaun had seen the home video before, that he was looking for it and not just stumbled across it.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

injest

Interesting. This might be true. I also had a feeling that Shaun had seen the home video before, that he was looking for it and not just stumbled across it.

yes. and remember when they had the fight in the car, Zack says something to the effect that he was more than a childhood fantasy....

which makes me wonder....let me look at something...

injest

I wonder if there weren't some deleted scenes? I definitely will order the DVD as soon as it comes out...

injest

I will try to get screencaps later. Don't have time to go thru the whole thing right now...

ya'll want the ring, the necklace that the sister is wearing and the ring that Zack wears around his neck (which for some reason I watched during the love scene....loved the way it wrapped around Shaun's neck)

mvansand76

Hey guys,

Go to http://ennisjack.com/index.php?topic=13301.0 for screencaps made by 'newbie' Dutch Brokie Marjoleine! She did an awesome job!

She might do requests too! (Sorry Marjoleine...  ;))

Great discussion! I find the video/walkie-talkie scene absolutely fascinating because why doesn't Shaun just tell Zach what he is watching. Do you think Zach knows because the music must sound familiar (after all, it's no more than 8 years ago that they made the video...).

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

Have you already seen it?

YES!

I LOVED it, thank you!
(Now I can't wait for the DVD so I can see the detail....)

xxxx
J
 :-*
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"