Author Topic: Shelter: The "gay surfer movie" (it's so much more!). See it now and discuss it!  (Read 323930 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Yeah I think that scene at the beach is probably what got the group of friends talking, and weather or not they had proof, the power of suggestion (Zach following Shaun away from the group) got them outed. 
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline mactwck

• Don't Say Much
I do not think that got them outed but obviously Tori talks to Zach's sister (which makes sense as they work in the same place).

injest

Hey Chelle! That's just too funny. I'm watching Shelter again right this minute and I am at that scene on the beach with the guy asking Zach if his a 'fag'. And you are right, Zach looks at Shaun instantly and Shaun kind of smiling an looking down, is standing up and Zach is following him. Like you say, he seems to have crush on Shaun already but is not realizing it. I wonder, if this on and off again relationship with Tori is already a sign, that Zach doesn't feel that the intimacy he has with a girl is what he really enjoys. At some point he actually says that he and Tori are best friends (rather than a couple.. ?).

About Zach not showing his pictures to anyone, I totally understand. I've been painting for a couple of years now and haven't shown anything to anyone.. Heck, I don't even look at my paintings myself (but that's gonna change ..). It's because he probably doesn't think his work is accomplished yet. It's not 'final' or ready to be seen. I'm guessing he is not yet convinced (or convincing himself) that his art is worth anything, let alone to be seen (and judged) by anyone.
j. U. d. E.

I can completely understand this...a few years ago a woman asked me to do a graphite drawing of a tiger for her to give as a gift. She wouldn't take it without paying and wouldn't tell me what she wanted to pay..so. I charged her $25.

and to this day I cringe at the thought that I actually CHARGED her!

Offline mactwck

• Don't Say Much
Ok I have a question that has not even been touched on.  Who is the top and bottom?  I say a little of each.

injest

Ok I have a question that has not even been touched on.  Who is the top and bottom?  I say a little of each.

I think with most of the gay relationships I have known..(like there have been SOOO many) the roles are not hard and fast...I think it is more of a mutual thing...

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good

Why does everyone want to know who the the 'top' and who is the 'bottom'?
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Why does everyone want to know who the the 'top' and who is the 'bottom'?

I've wondered the very same thing Oscar. ???

Actually Jess, in many gay relationships the "top and bottom" are quite set and defined. I know some gay people who "switch roles", but mostly it's not like that. At least it's like that in my relationship, all of my previous relationships, and most of my friends too.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

I've wondered the very same thing Oscar. ???

Actually Jess, in many gay relationships the "top and bottom" are quite set and defined. I know some gay people who "switch roles", but mostly it's not like that. At least it's like that in my relationship, all of my previous relationships, and most of my friends too.

really? huh!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
really? huh!!

Maybe they do it differently in Texas! ;) ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
We've managed to send another thread OT again Jess! Truman is gonna KILL US! :P :D