Author Topic: Shelter: The "gay surfer movie" (it's so much more!). See it now and discuss it!  (Read 323916 times)

mvansand76

I am going to squeeeee a little here...

Don't you all love the walkie-talkie scene at the end and Zach's voice when he says "Student bad. Made a bad judgement call."?

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE! I love their voices, there is something so sexy about their voices. I was thinking it might be the California lazy drawl that I am attracted too (I lived in LA for a year).

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
This thread really took off huh?

I have another question. Do you think Jeanne found out from Cody?

I'm asking because the first thing she said in the living room was "Tell me that he's just confused" and I think she was referring to Cody.

Yes, I think she did.

Cody was sleeping on the couch when Shaun took Zack in his arms (*siggggghhhhhh*). But remember when Zach and Gabe were in the car and Gabe wanted to smoke a joint, Zach objected because Cody was in the car. Gabe said 'he's asleep', but Cody wasn't and then Zach said that Cody was good at pretending to be asleep.

So I think Cody saw them together. But I also think Jeanne knew something was up. She asked Zach outright if he was a 'fag' and he never denied it. He just said 'what do you think?'. And when Cody told her about the dinner at Shaun's place, she put two and two together.

It struck me that Zack never had to come out to anyone (other than himself maybe). Everyone knew already. Kind of symbolic for the way he put everyone else's needs before his own.

I guess it's official now... I'm hooked!  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline j.U.d.E.

I can completely understand this...a few years ago a woman asked me to do a graphite drawing of a tiger for her to give as a gift. She wouldn't take it without paying and wouldn't tell me what she wanted to pay..so. I charged her $25.

and to this day I cringe at the thought that I actually CHARGED her!
[OOh! I understand your discomfort! Totally. Thinking about it would keep bugging me like that too. I will actually exhibit some of my stuff at the end of the year. It's going to be the first time ever! There'll be three of us. One of them had her paintings in an exhibition for the first time 2 years ago and she even sold 4 paintings (not to people she knew). She said it was a real thrill! But I wonder how you put prices on your pictures?! I have no clue whatsoever and I really don't feel like anyone's gonna want to buy anyway (that's not why I'll exhibit, but some part of me does want to know if people could/would like my stuff..). Then I have the problem to give away (or sell in this case) anything I do (I draw and take pictures too), because most of the time it is not finished (in my view) [someone once told me that this means something... when you never finish a painting or drawing.. Whatevva!].

About the exhibit - my friend told me, when you give a price that's too low, people wonder, because they will think/sense that you don't appreciate your own work. Aaah, I have a few more months to think about this, but it really bugs me.. Sometimes I'm shocked at the prices you see on paintings in small art galleries! How dare they? How do the artists expect to sell??]

Parenthesis closed.  :) But the guys there highjacked this thread too, so..

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline j.U.d.E.

I'm a straight woman and I couldn't care less.  ;D

Me neither. Seriously. Well, maybe for a second.. No, not really.

j. U. d. E.

Offline j.U.d.E.

It struck me that Zack never had to come out to anyone (other than himself maybe). Everyone knew already. Kind of symbolic for the way he put everyone else's needs before his own.
Hey Fabienne! I said the exact same thing in an earlier thread! Don't'ya read? And it's Zach, not Zack!

;D  ;D

j. U. d. E.

mvansand76

Cody was sleeping on the couch when Shaun took Zack in his arms (*siggggghhhhhh*). But remember when Zach and Gabe were in the car and Gabe wanted to smoke a joint, Zach objected because Cody was in the car. Gabe said 'he's asleep', but Cody wasn't and then Zach said that Cody was good at pretending to be asleep.

YESSSSS! Exactly! That's what I was thinking about too! They didn't have that scene in there for nothing! He could've overheard the talking and goodbye kiss at the door too!

mvansand76

I guess it's official now... I'm hooked!  :)

Yeah, that's pretty original about the movie. He never had to tell anybody "I have to tell you something. I'm gay." Which just shows how well Tori knows Zach and I just loved Gabe in that scene, those little "OK"s when Zach gets angry. I reallllly wish we could have seen more of him at the end too. He really played an important part in the whole storyline and he did have a lot to process (I thought it wasn't fair of Zach to turn the "it's a lot to take" comment back on him, he should've realised it wasn't easy for Gabe to realise that his best friend is gay and his own brother helped him out of the closet. LOL.)

I am so happy you are hooked on this movie too, Fabienne!  :-*

mvansand76

You can really see that we are experts at dissecting movies! If the makers of this movie ever stumbled upon this thread they would surely be like  :o

injest

I forgot about that they work together! That makes sense.... I like Tori, she is a very believable character to me, they could have easily made her into a stereotype blonde bimbo type scorned girlfriend, but she is yet another wonderful friend for Zach, just like Gabe is.

yes, and the actress that played her was very pretty in a small town homecoming kind of way. Good casting there...

injest

This thread really took off huh?

I have another question. Do you think Jeanne found out from Cody?

I'm asking because the first thing she said in the living room was "Tell me that he's just confused" and I think she was referring to Cody.

yep that is what I got too..