Author Topic: Shelter: The "gay surfer movie" (it's so much more!). See it now and discuss it!  (Read 324047 times)

mvansand76

I didn't see it that way, actually. I thought Gabe was just trying to defuse the situation, put Zach at ease. He didn't really want an answer!

And it would be Too Much Information about his own brother! LOL!

mvansand76

OMG! Cody is playing with the walkie-talkie in the scene when they come home after dropping Gabe off, in the beginning of the movie!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Yeah in a way it is Cody that brings them together, or at least gets the ball rolling. I love how Shaun jumps when he gets a responce.

And Zach's use of them at the end is so cool.

Now back to Gabe, don't get me wrong I like him, but here is a guy who would smoke a joint in front of a 5 year old (Jeanie I guess didn't hear about that) and he is so about sex that when he finds out his friend and his brother are having a relationship he wants to know about the sex!

Tori on the other hand, she gets to the point: "Do you love him?" (Remind you of a scene in another movie dealing with a guy named Curt?)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

• BetterMost Supporter!
Here is a link to the MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/shelterathere

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
I wonder if anyone will decide to start writing fanfic based on this story? I've never been overly crazy about fanfic, but I might read it if somebody here wrote it.

Melissa? Truman? Who else writes fanfic in here? What do you all think? Are there any ideas for stories popping up in your heads?

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

I wonder if anyone will decide to start writing fanfic based on this story? I've never been overly crazy about fanfic, but I might read it if somebody here wrote it.

Melissa? Truman? Who else writes fanfic in here? What do you all think? Are there any ideas for stories popping up in your heads?

OF COURSE the idea popped in my head  ;D, but I hardly have time to write Liberation and Altitude and I need to start working more seriously on my children's book. So right now, no, but never say never! LOL. There is one scene that isn't in the movie, that I have been thinking about and that I would like to write. It's between Gabe and Shaun.

Offline mactwck

• Don't Say Much
I would read anything you wrote about Shelter.

Zach's batteries work because if you notice Cody (that name just freaks me out) is playing with it in the beginning of the movie so there must be fresh batteries in his and who knows maybe Gabe had put batteries in it 3 years ago.

I love the fact that Shaun tells Zach to bring Cody. to e it shows that this was not just about sex this was about spending time together. 

I have a new obsession.  Geez I need to get out!!

Chelle

injest

I llike the scene right after they kiss for the first time and Zach wakes up to find Shaun has fallen asleep next to him...I guess Shaun was just watching him sleep....so tender...

• BetterMost Supporter!
I llike the scene right after they kiss for the first time and Zach wakes up to find Shaun has fallen asleep next to him...I guess Shaun was just watching him sleep....so tender...

Yeah, I have ideas, but I am like Mel, there is never enough time.

Did you notice how Zach keeps wearing Shaun shirt long after the party?

Also regarding the name, by the end of the movie Zach can't go back to the house with Jeanie and Cody, he is sleeping in his car, at least when he goes to CalArts, and then comes back and asks Tori if he can stay with her. I am not real clear on why, he just don't want to deal with Jeanie?

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
yes, I wish there HAD been more of Gabe later in the movie.

I wish there was more of Gabe in the movie, too. He was hot!

Maybe Gabe could have experimented with Zach a little bit?
Hmmm... this is turning into a whole, different 'type' of movie. DavidIndy, are you game for it? Heehee!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero