Author Topic: Shelter: The "gay surfer movie" (it's so much more!). See it now and discuss it!  (Read 323943 times)

mvansand76

I do have one small itty bitty complaint about the movie. Small itty bitty......

ZACH PLEASE PULL UP YOUR PANTS!!

I think Shaun feels VERY differently about that....  ;D

injest

If it doesn't show up tomorrow, I really will creep in there probably.

I'll bet I could break into that post office if I tried hard enough. I'm a sneaky little shit. ;) :laugh:

oh sure you could sneak IN there...it is the getting OUT that is the trick!!

;) ;)

mvansand76

Oh God, it's all MY FAULT!!!!!

Oh the DVD info is out, the extras:

A photo gallery, a trailer, a half-hour making-of featurette that aired on the here! network, a music video for Shane Mock's "Lie to Me," and a chummy commentary track by writer-director Jonah Markowitz and stars Trevor Wright and Brad Rowe. Wright's naiveté is adorable (he acknowledges the difficulty of acting and driving at the same time) and Rowe, who accuses Wright of having farted under the covers during one of their make-out sessions, shoots the shit as if he's made this movie a million times before.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey where's that featurette, I want it!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
That is so cool. I can't wait to see all the extra (an will probably wonder the rest of my life why Focus Features can't/couldn't do the same for BBM).

Now I am going to have to go back and see what Marie is talking about  ;D
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Oh the DVD info is out, the extras:
A photo gallery, a trailer, a half-hour making-of featurette that aired on the here! network, a music video for Shane Mock's "Lie to Me," and a chummy commentary track by writer-director Jonah Markowitz and stars Trevor Wright and Brad Rowe.

Order Date: April 29, 2008
Recipient: John Gallagher 
Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: May 29, 2008 1 of: Shelter
Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
My mood: Grrrrrr! WHY do I not have it???

Wright's naiveté is adorable (he acknowledges the difficulty of acting and driving at the same time)

(Swoons--fans face)

--and Rowe, who accuses Wright of having farted under the covers during one of their make-out sessions, shoots the shit as if he's made this movie a million times before.

(Shriek!)

Hey where's that featurette, I want it!

Uh--yeah!!!

That is so cool. I can't wait to see all the extra (an will probably wonder the rest of my life why Focus Features can't/couldn't do the same for BBM).

Sigh.

I do have one small itty bitty complaint about the movie. Small itty bitty......

ZACH PLEASE PULL UP YOUR PANTS!!

It drives me crazy.  That is all. Sorry for the rant.

Uhm--what???????

Anyway--keep the thread going till I get my DVD--I need my Shelter fix!

;D
John
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
I know what you mean, JMMG, I want to be able to curle up in front of the TV, see a high deff. viewing of Zach and Shaun and not have to move a mouse to keep the window open, or click on another link, just enjoy it from begining to glorious end.

One of the things I like is that it is contained, it shows probably one season in their lives, who knows maybe even 17 days. Shows them making the right choice and moving forward with it.

What I am thinking now, some 2 + years after having seen Brokeback, is that part of its appeal is that is shows how a lot of relationships, if not a majority end up, lovers drifted apart, loss, coping with what ifs. Shelter just has the good part, the two guys ment to be together being together. Period. No arguments or infidelity or dissapointments, just that wonderful ending that I won't give away.  ;)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Hang in there John.

I've posted this before, but if a fellow brokie needs a shelter fix, I'm happy to oblige.  :P  :)

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

mvansand76

I know what you mean, JMMG, I want to be able to curle up in front of the TV, see a high deff. viewing of Zach and Shaun and not have to move a mouse to keep the window open, or click on another link, just enjoy it from begining to glorious end.

One of the things I like is that it is contained, it shows probably one season in their lives, who knows maybe even 17 days. Shows them making the right choice and moving forward with it.

What I am thinking now, some 2 + years after having seen Brokeback, is that part of its appeal is that is shows how a lot of relationships, if not a majority end up, lovers drifted apart, loss, coping with what ifs. Shelter just has the good part, the two guys ment to be together being together. Period. No arguments or infidelity or dissapointments, just that wonderful ending that I won't give away.  ;)

Yup, I totally agree! Somebody on ennisjack said that she couldn't enjoy the movie as much because her heart will always belong to Ennis and Jack. I will always consider myself a Brokie, but that doesn't mean that I can't enjoy a movie like Shelter that DOES give us the happy ending that E&J didn't have. It stands on its own.

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
Hang in there John.
I've posted this before, but if a fellow brokie needs a shelter fix, I'm happy to oblige.  :P  :)

Thanks!!!

;)

xxxx
John
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
IT CAME!!!!

IT CAME!! IT CAME!!! IT CAME IT CAME IT CAME!!!!!

I'm going to watch it in a few minutes!!!

I'll let ya'll know what I thought of it! :D

Thanks Melissa!!!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.