Author Topic: Shelter: The "gay surfer movie" (it's so much more!). See it now and discuss it!  (Read 323993 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Yes, I've ordered it too Lynne. I can't wait to watch it on the television! But to help me out between now and then, a little angel named Melissa mailed the movie to me all the way from Amsterdam!! :D

I've watched it three times already. I'll take a short break, brush my dog and cat, and then watch it again! :laugh:

God this movie is so good. I can't believe how good it is! :D

Obsesssssssed much?    :P

As long as you don't brush your break and take a short cat it's all good!  ;D

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

mvansand76

j. U. d. E.

;D

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Okay here is a thought:

What was Zach's plan as for Cody? When he got accepted to CalArts he was already aware of Jeanne's plan to go with Alan to Oregon, and he goes to Shaun saying he needs help. He does not mention Cody but knows Shaun loves him, and then next hing you know they are showing up at the house. Saun is driving so obviously he is ready to pick Cody up and take them with them but it is like when did that conversation take place?

David, glad you got it! Braking into a P.O. is a federal offense you know! (And one I have pondered from time to time. )
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

injest

Okay here is a thought:

What was Zach's plan as for Cody? When he got accepted to CalArts he was already aware of Jeanne's plan to go with Alan to Oregon, and he goes to Shaun saying he needs help. He does not mention Cody but knows Shaun loves him, and then next hing you know they are showing up at the house. Saun is driving so obviously he is ready to pick Cody up and take them with them but it is like when did that conversation take place?

David, glad you got it! Braking into a P.O. is a federal offense you know! (And one I have pondered from time to time. )

that would be a big assumption for him to make without SOME word from Shaun....that Shaun understood they were a package deal...

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
that would be a big assumption for him to make without SOME word from Shaun....that Shaun understood they were a package deal...

I think Shaun knew this from early on. He did say he couldn't picture Jeanne as a mum, basically saying that Zach is Cody's parent. He also said he admired what Zach did for what he did for Cody.

And he let Shaun know he thought of them as a package deal when he asked Zach to bring Cody to dinner instead of staying at home.

I think Zach's 'Will you help me' also referred to Cody even if at that point Shaun didn't know Jeanne was moving to Oregon. Zach told Shaun that he couldn't leave Cody before to go to Calarts but he won't pass the scholarship again. So he needs to figure out a way to do this.

I understand that at some point between the making up in the garden scene and the scene at the house with Jeanne, they would have had to talk about the future. Maybe putting that scene in would have broken the rhythm of the scenes. Like they had decided in the making up scene and now they were ready for action in the confrontation scene.

The last scene on the beach clearly showed that everything had worked out the way they wanted.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male

j. U. d. E.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well if I do, I'll just blame it on Melissa. She's the one who got me hooked on this movie! ;)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well if I do, I'll just blame it on Melissa. She's the one who got me hooked on this movie! ;)

Yeah, she has a lot to answer for!  ;)

:-*  :-* for Mel.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

mvansand76

Yeah, she has a lot to answer for!  ;)

:-*  :-* for Mel.

:-* :-* :-* :-*

mvansand76

hey guys!

David has seen the movie (how many times now sweetie?) so we can ask him some questions!

;D

Mel

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Yeah David, what do you think of the conflict betwixt public art vs. vandalism?  ;D
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."