Author Topic: Shelter: The "gay surfer movie" (it's so much more!). See it now and discuss it!  (Read 323896 times)

injest

Oh no no no, that's nowhere near imperfection, he has the most perfect belly, look at the scene where he sees Zach again after who knows how many years, no belly fat whatsoever, but everybody lying like that on a bed would get a pouch....

yeah but remember in the comments when he was talking about it? "You need to CG that out..."

I think he said CG...but something about deleting it!  :laugh: :laugh:

injest

Then based on the size of my "imperfection," I must be really hot!! 

LOL!!

You sizzling anytime, Milo... ;)

sexy is in your head...

injest

That look on Zach's face as Jeannie and Allen drive away, that is how I feel sometimes..... :-\

{{{{Truman}}}}

mvansand76

yeah but remember in the comments when he was talking about it? "You need to CG that out..."

I think he said CG...but something about deleting it!  :laugh: :laugh:

He's so silly, I bet his wife would say it's her favorite part of his body!  :D  :)

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
He's so cute--but I wouldn't call it a pouch, I'd call it more like a pooch!

No CGI (Computer Graphics I magery) needed, though, that's for sure! ;D

"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline Helga

• Don't Say Much
Hey all! I feel a little random posting here but happened across this movie while procrastinating (supposed to be writing an essay/studying for exams guh) but LOVED it! Anywho typed it into google and this forum popped up so after reading 47 pages of posts figured i ought to put in my two cents (it would be stalkerish not too right?) Oh and I apologise if this turns into an essay but the movie got to me haven't stopped thinking about it!!

OK first up I was reading all the articles/reviews on the movie and was really disappointed to see their first kiss put into the too much to drink/wrestling match category coz i thought it was so much more meaningful then that. I mean after the wrestle they were laying for a little bit and then that gorgeous hand on Zacks chest and the slow move to the kiss made it seem so beautiful. Plus a couple drinks doesn't make you drunk - maybe loosens your inhibitions a little...

I found the scene when they were talking about Shaun's book confusing to be honest, though after reading your posts i see a few of you are going down the same track I am. The way Shaun seemed surprised Gabe hadn't told him Zack had the read the book was an interesting reaction. I can't figure it out if by then its because he likes Zach or if its because Gabe's been giving him updates over the time they havn't seen each other (which i think i'm alone in being under the impression it hadn't been that long). I mean it may be that Shaun's always had a thing for Zack or its just a matter of Gabe adn Shaun chatting and since Zack's in Gabe's life he mentions him (my family knows alot about my friends just from normal conversation)...

OK quick side just rewatched the part where they meet up again and SHaun says along the lines of "I haven't seen you since your graduation" so we looking at a year or so?

Ok before i bore you all with my ramblings I felt Jeannie was sadly realistic but does anyone else think there was a little gorowth at the end? I mean she seemed kind of humbled (not sure on right word here) when she realises that Zack turned down the school the first time. So maybe she saw that Zack's mroe willing to make sacrifices then she ever will be?

right i'd better go study and i apologise for my long winded post!!

• BetterMost Supporter!
Welcome, Helga!

--so after reading 47 pages of posts figured i ought to put in my two cents

I think so!

I... was really disappointed to see their first kiss put into the too much to drink/wrestling match category coz i thought it was so much more meaningful then that.

Sigh. That's straight men, for you. Unlike Zach, I was not, nor ever was, "straight," but my first serious relationship was with a "straight" (and unbelievably beautiful) boy who, as the cliché required, had to get drunk so he could kiss me. He got over it pretty quickly, but--Men!

Ok before i bore you all with my ramblings I felt Jeannie was sadly realistic

You got that right.

but does anyone else think there was a little growth at the end?

No. I doubt it. But that's me.

right i'd better go study and i apologise for my long winded post!!

Good luck!

John

;D

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
More: (I'm really enjoying this!)

Shelter and Toulouse-Lautrec

Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, The Bed, 1893

"When it comes to couples in double beds, what does painting know? ....[There should be] room for a range of decent bed scenes, of couples amorously or sleepily together. They don't get painted. Toulouse-Lautrec's The Bed, made at the end of the 19th century, is one of the first pictures to show the normal case.

"And in a sense, it isn't "normal". The couple lying in bed are both women. But to see it as a transgressive image isn't quite right either. There wasn't a tradition of painting heterosexual couples in bed to be transgressed. It might have been more shocking if Lautrec had made one of his figures male. And you could say that he is using one anomaly (lesbianism) to usher in another (a double-bed scene).

"Still, The Bed keeps things slightly unclear. There are related images by Lautrec that show two women in bed, embracing, kissing, lolling half-naked. So it is likely that his subjects here are also female lovers...."

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art-and-architecture/great-works/toulouselautrec-henri-de-the-bed-1893-779355.html

Also--

Henri Toulouse Lautrec, In the Bed, the kiss, 1892

Again, with the Picasso watercolor earlier, I love the sheets!

Also, that Lautrec was so interested in same-sex imagery--very interesting, yes?

A few more 'snips' from the scene in the film would be instructive, but I think we can interpolate, no?

;)

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
So, back to

Shelter and Picasso

Picasso, Studio with Plaster Head, 1925

I like the blues, the yellows, and the reds and whites, the blacks. I like the 3/4 view of the heads. I like the real and the fake shadows. I like the fragmentation and the movement. I like the little fleurs-de-lis at the extreme right and the middle left of the Picasso, and the echo of Zach's central image at the bottom of his mural. I like the architectural elements--very San Pedro, in fact!

I think Zach would approve.

He might like this one, too (though not Picasso):

Judith Rothschild, Untitled, 1946.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 12:28:44 am by jmmgallagher »

"Camping Out"

• BetterMost Supporter!
And just for a moment, we have to go back to

Shelter and Banksy because--

Banksy, The Kissing Policemen, circa 2005

--the snip tool has found an even better view!

(Can you believe it? Is it Art imitating "life," or the other way around??)

:laugh:

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 01:22:14 am by jmmgallagher »

"Camping Out"