Author Topic: Dexter  (Read 11463 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dexter
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 11:58:30 am »
I love the voice-overs, and Michael C. Hall's delivery of them.  :D

Absolutely!

Imagine that. I've got the hots for a serial killer!  :laugh:

At least he's just a fictional one. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

mvansand76

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 02:19:25 pm »
I watched 3 episodes in a row last night.  This show is becoming addictive!!

I agree, I am at episode 9, season 2, where are you?

mvansand76

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2008, 11:57:57 am »
Have finished Season 1, and, sadly, Season 2 is not available on DVD or for download yet.

BTW, if you like Dexter, you may like these books:

The Apprentice - Tess Gerritsen
Body Double -  Tess Gerritsen
The Mephisto Club - Tess Gerritsen
The Sinner - Tess Gerritsen
The Surgeon - Tess Gerritsen
Vanish - Tess Gerritsen

I don't normally read this type of book, but these are real page turners and very well written.  The topic is, you guessed it, serial killers.  The protagonists are a female police detective and a female medical examiner.  They are listed out of order, sorry.  The Surgeon is the first book in the series.

I've read some Tess Gerritsen as well! I really like her books!

Season 1 is better than season 2, but season 2 is still VERY good!

What did you think of the season finale?

God I love these series!  :D

mvansand76

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2008, 01:37:36 pm »
The finale was gripping and sad.  Poor Dexter lost his only potential ally.  *SPOILERS* I wish his bro had been able to leave the sister alone, and then Dexter wouldn't have had to kill him.  I can't believe I am this sympathetic to a character who is a serial killer!  The other characters in the show are also being fleshed out, which I like.  Did you find the actor who played Rudy to be cute?  I did.

Meh... I didn't find him particularly cute,  :-\ Dexter's much cuter!  :D All I knew is I didn't trust him, really, from the moment he first appeared in that hospital room I knew he was bad news! LOL! I knew he was the one getting in touch with Dexter, I didn't know he was his brother, though, that came as a surprise.

Do you have Limewire? I was able to download both seasons from Limewire...

mvansand76

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2008, 04:56:14 pm »
Not familiar with Limewire.  We use iTunes.  I just checked it out and will have to ask my husband before I download it.  He will not be happy if I muck up our network.

Let me  know if it worked...  :D

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2008, 06:54:58 am »
Right now I'm waching Season 2 and I'm really enjoying it.  There is one thing that irks me though, neither Dexter nor his sister can speak a word of Spanish!  They work for the MIAMI police dept. and can't even communicate with their constituency?  It's very strange.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 09:24:25 pm »
I finished watching Season 2 a while back, and am eagerly awaiting Season 3.  So, I am a Miami native and took Spanish for many years in school, in college, and I can barely speak a word either!  Not sure what that's about.  But, seriously, many Miami police officers are not bilingual.  Should they be?  Probably.  But I don't think it it a job requirement.  Glad you are enjoying the show.  I think it is great!

I don't expect them to be fluently bilingual but you'd think they would at least learn a few expressions by osmosis.  Deb actually said "no habla" instead of "no hablo" and Dexter didn't understand what "mi hijo" meant?
Anyway, I can overlook this because the show is so damn good!  :-*