Author Topic: What are you wearing today?  (Read 129367 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
What are you wearing today?
« on: March 14, 2008, 10:44:12 am »
Since I can't see my BetterMost friends here, I would love it if you would describe what you're wearing today (and all the days thereafter). Maybe I am overly interested in fashion. I rarely wear what's fashionable now, in fact, I have clothes in my closet that are 30 years old!! I love to hear about eclectic and vintage outfits, western wear a la Jack and Ennis, and what colours you like to wear. Since I live in Color-ado, I love bright colors and unusuall color combinations. But there's also the classic white shirt that I love to see on men and gals too. So please guys and girls, tell us what you're wearing!

Today I'm wearing a patterned skirt with a red background and green diamonds and pink carnations on it, a pink blouse, and a red wool jacket. I have some red silk slingbacks but I decided that would be too much red, so I wore black slingback heels instead. My only jewelry is a vintage necklace of red bakelite beads alternating with gold beads.

Now it's your turn!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: What are you wearing today?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 11:14:40 am »
right now , i'm in pajammas, having a cup of coffee, without cherry cake, which i do every morning when i sit down to read bettermost............
but to answer your question.....i'm in jeans all the time.  i have about 5 or 6 pairs.  if it's cold, i wear them with sweaters and hiking boots, and when it's warm , i wear them with t-shirts and runners.  in the summer, i wear jean cut-off shorts, or maybe a skirt, once in a while....but, i'm a jeans girl.  always and forever.  no surprizes in my wardrobe. ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 11:26:58 am »
right now , i'm in pajammas, having a cup of coffee, without cherry cake, which i do every morning when i sit down to read bettermost............
but to answer your question.....i'm in jeans all the time.  i have about 5 or 6 pairs.  if it's cold, i wear them with sweaters and hiking boots, and when it's warm , i wear them with t-shirts and runners.  in the summer, i wear jean cut-off shorts, or maybe a skirt, once in a while....but, i'm a jeans girl.  always and forever.  no surprizes in my wardrobe. ;D

Awesome, forsyth!! In that case, you may wish to read this thread: I love my Jeans!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 11:32:09 am »
Heya,

Fun idea for a thread! 8)

Right now I'm at work and I'm wearing an orange sweater/turtleneck with some brown wool pants that actually have a fine-plaid pattern in the fabric (and amidst the brown and tan colors there are a few bright colors, like bright pink, orange and aqua).  I'm also wearing the brown boots that I wore at the BBQ!
:)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 11:37:15 am »
Right now tennis gear,just finished playing and cannot even summon up the energy to change.Normally as it is hot here skirts and T shirts and flip flops.
A far cry form England when I used to live in suits and 4 iinch heels.I had a shoe collection to rival Imelda Marcos.
Used to buy a lot of vintage Chanel on Ebay,just loved it.(hope that does not sound pretentious) One thing about a new country is that you have the opportunity to re invent yourself.
If it ever gets cold then its jeans and white shirt,boring I know.

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 11:51:42 am »
Hi Frontranger!  Today I'm wearing a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt light blue jeans with a long sleeved white shirt, white socks & white Wal-Mart sneakers.  It was a bit "chilly" (60 degrees!) this morning in central Florida, so I decided on a long sleeved shirt.  I am not one who likes to shop for clothes, because I dislike most of the fashions today and I find it hard to find things that fit me comfortably.  I do shop for clothes, and buy clothes, but not often.  I have clothes in my closet and in my dresser drawers that are at least 10 years old or more; things I can't bear to part with.    I'm not big into jewelry either - I only wear one small golden ring - my deceased mom's wedding ring.  I have 2 piercings in each ear and today I am wearing a small diamond and a small hoop earring in each piercing in each ear, and a small silver cross around my neck on a silver chain.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 11:54:36 am »
Clothes.  :D
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 12:00:06 pm »
Clothes.  :D

Could you elaborate, Tru??  ::)

Otherwise, I will be forced to think of you as I last saw you, on the bridge at the second campsite or in the hot tub at the Banff Border Lodge, where you weren't wearing any (or much anyway!)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 12:05:01 pm »
Well lets see I am wearing a check button down shirt that makes me look fat, a pair of kacki pants that looks okay except they are frayed a little at the bottom of each leg and by genuine animal hide boots I was wearing when I asked you if the Flying Nun could still fly after Vatican II.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 12:20:18 pm »
I work at home most days, so my wardrobe can be pretty routine.  I am wearing navy blue capris & a pale pink 3/4 sleeve cotton shirt with a V-neck.  I will add a pair of Sketchers sneakers when I do leave the house, the kind with no laces (for the ultimate in laziness).   The only dress-up item I have on is a pair of white gold hoop earrings.  No makeup either (my husband says he prefers me that way), and my shoulder length hair is partially pulled back in a claw clip.  Not very exciting, I'm afraid!

I either dress completely comfortably to work at home, in business attire for meetings, or formally for occasions.  My daily wardrobe used to be a little spiffier before my daughter was born.

Hey -- just yesterday I bought a pair of those, Susiebk. And I'm wearing them today. So far I like them. I just love a new pair of WHITE tennis shoes! (We call sneakers, tennis shoes in Arkansas. LOL.)

Then -- just jeans and a purple sweater, Front-Ranger. I'm at home for the day. YAY!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~