Author Topic: What are you wearing today?  (Read 129334 times)

injest

Re: What are you wearing today?
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2008, 07:37:03 am »
My wardrobe is mostly the same everyday. Wrangler jeans, Nike sneakers, the ony thing that changes is my shirt! Today I have on a pink short sleeve summer weight sweater.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 12:39:15 pm »
Today I'm wearing an orange sweater (again with the orange!) and grey capri length pants.  These capri pants have very slim, tailored pockets with flaps on each hip that resemble the look of "cargo pants"... but the pants are much, much more tailored and "formal" looking than normal casual cargo pants.  I'm also wearing tall black boots that go up underneath the bottom hem of each pant leg. 

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 01:19:10 pm »
I see that several people took your cue to "think pink" Amanda!! I love the way you mix neutrals with pastels and bright oranges and pinks!!

Snavel I would love to see a pic of you in that shirt with the triangles. I love triangles, they remind me of mountains!!

Today I am making up for not wearing green yesterday. I am wearing a beige faux-sweater set with green banding and a velour skirt that has a pheasant print in loden green, bronze, tan, deep red, and orange (or more like terra cotta). I'm also wearing suede boots in terra cotta and a bead necklace with several strands of small Indian beads in brown, bronze, and deep red. I don't have my Stetson on right now, but it's sitting beside me in my office, ready to clap on my head soon as I go outside!

What kind of shorts are you wearing, 'plex??

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2008, 01:34:31 pm »
Yesterday, of course, I had to wear green, since it's been engrained into our minds since I was born, being that we're Irish, that we must wear something green on St. Patrick's day!  So, I wore green pants with a multi-colored striped short sleeved top.   Today I'm wearing a royal blue calf-length dress with little white  and gray flowers with little gold leaves, and on my feet - blue high heels.  I also have on a necklace with a locket which holds 2 small pictures of one of my dogs that I lost years ago, double earrings, Italian charm bracelet and watch. 

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2008, 04:58:23 pm »
today I'm wearing an umbrella, we're having a flash flood here.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2008, 10:37:57 am »
Hallooo, brokeplex, are you still there? You didn't get swept away? Let us know if you need us to send you some clothes!! Or a care package!! There's a flood watch in my area too...a lot of snow this year and 5.5 million skiiers visited Colorado during the ski season!!

But, it's spring in my neighborhood, so I'm barelegged for the first time this year! Feels great! I'm wearing a short skirt in a black-and-white Japanese print, a black silk jacket, white open-necked shirt, and a necklace made out of felsite, a magnetic metal that you can drape any way you like and make it into a choker, a bracelet, or a necklace of any length. Black slingbacks again, because they make me feel like kicking up my heels!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2008, 10:44:05 am »
That does sound like a nice spring outfit Sister Mod!

It's raining and cold in Pittsburgh... so it doesn't quite feel like the verge of spring here today.

Well, we have a big meeting here at work today so I'm wearing more "proper" business attire than I do on some other days here.

I'm wearing black pin-stripe pants (the pin-stripes are very, very tiny... but are pale pink, white and cream colors, alternating).  And I'm wearing a camel colored suit jacket with a pink shirt underneath.  So the pale colors on top are more of a nod to spring than the dark pants (and black shoes).

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008, 01:01:36 pm »
Hallooo, brokeplex, are you still there? You didn't get swept away? Let us know if you need us to send you some clothes!! Or a care package!! There's a flood watch in my area too...a lot of snow this year and 5.5 million skiiers visited Colorado during the ski season!!

But, it's spring in my neighborhood, so I'm barelegged for the first time this year! Feels great! I'm wearing a short skirt in a black-and-white Japanese print, a black silk jacket, white open-necked shirt, and a necklace made out of felsite, a magnetic metal that you can drape any way you like and make it into a choker, a bracelet, or a necklace of any length. Black slingbacks again, because they make me feel like kicking up my heels!

I'm OK, thanks! The rains passed and the skies are clear and cool today. Sadly, a 14 year old lad was apparently killed in the floods over in Dallas. I've got some limbs and leaves to pick up in the yard, so I'll be out in the sun this afternoon in my sweater and sweat pants raking the yard.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2008, 02:15:22 pm »
I'm wearing black pin-stripe pants (the pin-stripes are very, very tiny... but are pale pink, white and cream colors, alternating).  And I'm wearing a camel colored suit jacket with a pink shirt underneath.  So the pale colors on top are more of a nod to spring than the dark pants (and black shoes).

Yum, you remind me of ice cream in a chocolate cone...a lovely Easter treat!!

Good news, brokeplex!! Glad you weathered the storm.

Hay, dobie, since you like blue and green, does that mean you are a fan of Jack? I love to hear about your jewellry! I love lockets too!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2008, 02:36:29 pm »
Thanks for posting everyone. This really helps me "see" you. Fashion may be superficial, but it's one of the easiest ways we can express our personality to others and be creative in a small way. It's also one way you can be good to yourself and cheer yourself up during these gloomy late winter days.

And oh BTW, only about 30 hours until it will officially be spring! In the northern hemisphere anyway!