Author Topic: What are you wearing today?  (Read 129402 times)

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: What are you wearing today?
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 10:32:48 pm »
Oh yes frontranger - I'm a big fan of Jack!  He's so cuddly and cute - how could you not love him!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2008, 10:35:32 pm »
Thanks for posting everyone. This really helps me "see" you. Fashion may be superficial, but it's one of the easiest ways we can express our personality to others and be creative in a small way. It's also one way you can be good to yourself and cheer yourself up during these gloomy late winter days.

And oh BTW, only about 30 hours until it will officially be spring! In the northern hemisphere anyway!

darlin' its been spring here for the last several weeks! blooms are everywhere! oh, and I changed into another old tshirt and shorts. I'm informal in the house.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2008, 10:47:56 pm »
darlin' its been spring here for the last several weeks! blooms are everywhere! oh, and I changed into another old tshirt and shorts. I'm informal in the house.

I'm with you! Now that I'm home from work I'm wearing a red sweatshirt with a pink poinsettia on it, black and white checked pants, and lace-trimmed socks. Not very appropriate for spring!! I promise I'll have something more springy to wear for the chat on Friday for the Equinox!!

There's still snow on the ground outside my house. But, down in Denver, I saw tons of yellow crocuses (croci?) blooming. A sight for winter-weary eyes!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2008, 11:36:06 pm »
you would love the daffodils that are blooming by the hundreds in the parks here. I noticed that the red bud trees are all bloomed out now, they look like a purple clouds on the horizon when in bloom.

Offline MountainMan

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2008, 11:57:57 pm »
...it is hot in Tejas now pretty much. I wear jeans and a t shirt mostly. Sometimes khaki shorts.

If you like fashion - and it sounds like you do from your outfits Front-Ranger - check out these pics from the sxsw fest that was last week in austin. crazy. It's very much a "see and be scene" affair...

www.flickr.com/photos/dearestchloe

Note: These are not my pics just some of the coolest I've seen...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 09:03:55 pm by MountainMan »

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2008, 06:04:36 am »
I'm still in sweatpants and an old orange sweater. But I'll leave the house soon and change to jeans, sneakers and a solid red sweater, with a green and black scarf.
And I'm back to my warm winter jacket  :P. The spring weather last week was only a short intermezzo *sigh*

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2008, 09:33:02 am »
It's just gone midnight here in (summer) Sydney, Australia, and I'm about to go to bed. At the moment, I am wearing a pair of gunmetal gray cotton shorts and a blue polo shirt. Earlier today, at work, I wore what I wear to work every day - a dark, two-piece business suit (black today), pastel cotton shirt (lilac today), silk tie (floral, primarily cherry red, today) and black business shoes. I've been wearing a variety of this outfit for most of my business life (too many years than I care to remember). And when I'm not at work, I'm most comfortable barefoot, in shorts and polo shirt, summer and winter (we have a very mild winter here in Oz). I ditch the shorts for jeans and put on a pair of Nike's if I'm having visitors in, or visiting friends, out of business hours. Fun thread!  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

mvansand76

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2008, 10:01:27 am »
I looooooove your signature, Kerry! Poff! Poff! Poff! It's so cute!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2008, 10:29:47 am »
I looooooove your signature, Kerry! Poff! Poff! Poff! It's so cute!

Thank you kindly, Mel. I find it quite hypnotic and it makes me smile.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2008, 10:53:35 am »
Boo, hoo, I can't "see" Kerry's sig because of my firewall at work, so thanks for describing your outfits to me, Kerry! Now I don't feel so out-of-place being a corporate slug like I am during the days. Today my whole outfit is designed around a Ralph Lauren camp shirt with a pattern of old fashioned white, pink, and red roses. It looks a lot like an old tablecloth that might have been in Mrs. Twist's house or one of those run-down ranch houses on the prairie. Off-white linen pants, a blue silk jacket, ivory mules (yes I know I'm pushing the season, it's not even Easter yet, much less Memorial Day!) finished off with a freshwater pink pearl necklace and bracelet. A far cry from the Front-Ranger in the jeans and boots that some of you know. But come the weekend, I'll be in my jeans again! I actually bought this RL shirt because I thought it would look good with jeans.

"chewing gum and duct tape"