Author Topic: What are you wearing today?  (Read 129338 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: What are you wearing today?
« Reply #370 on: January 22, 2009, 12:03:50 pm »
What are you wearing today?

Stripes. Striped sweater, purple striped scarf. Jeans, cowboy boots.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #371 on: January 22, 2009, 01:10:36 pm »
That's the Heathen spirit, Chrissi!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #372 on: January 22, 2009, 01:26:13 pm »
I had to get my ears pierced so I could wear them.

Wow Sister Mod!  How are you liking having pierced ears?  When did you have it done?  I have two sets of holes in my ears... the first set I got when I was 9 and the second I had done during grad school.  I really like having pierced ears... pierced earrings are a million times more comfortable than clip earrings IMO.  I wore some clip earrings to a holiday party last month and my ears were numb and throbbing red only half way through the party... so I had to take them off.

Today I got up late... had a terrible time getting out of bed.  So, I grabbed some of the nearest clothing and ran out the door.  I'm wearing a long paisley skirt, a purple turtleneck and a teal St. Pepper style jacket with silver buttons.  And black boots... not my cowgirl boots.  Just regular, tall black boots.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #373 on: January 22, 2009, 02:18:11 pm »
A short, light-brown corduroy blazer (my "Ennis jacket"),  a brown, orange, black and white striped blouse, dark brown slacks, striped socks underneath brown boots. 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #374 on: January 22, 2009, 02:19:43 pm »
Nice nod to our hero, Marie!

Having pierced ears feels pretty weird to me, but I'm enjoying collecting some new earrings. I'm at the point now where I have to keep the earrings in all the time, or else it's hard to insert them. Even while I sleep!

I discuss the actual piercing on my Do Something Every Week that Scares You thread in my blog.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #375 on: January 23, 2009, 01:07:55 pm »
In honor of Heath today, I am wearing dragonfly earrings given to me by my real-life Ennis.

It's not a dragonfly tattoo, but close...I had to get my ears pierced so I could wear them.

That's commitment, Lee!   :-*

I stayed in bed much of yesterday drinking Nyquil so I didn't bother with Heath dress.  Those of you who did, however, I think it's a lovely tribute.  Thank you.  I definitely don't have enough random stripes in my wardrobe.

Amanda - I agree with you about clip on earrings being much more painful than the pierced type.  I have some special ones passed down to me, but I don't wear them often.  I have 5 ear piercings - three in my left ear and two in my right.  I usually just wear silver hoops of assorted sizes.

The first pair was acquired around age 12 - my Mom saw it as a 'rite of passage' for us...the second pair my freshman year in college; the last I got on a whim in Fairfield - something about the assymetry appealed to me.  At that same time I had the top of my left ear pierced too, but I didn't like it and let it heal.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #376 on: February 15, 2009, 08:42:11 pm »
right now, just some sweats and a t-shirt.

I'm feeling tired.

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #377 on: February 16, 2009, 02:40:37 pm »
Party too much this weekend, friend?? ;) At least you have a day off to catch up!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #378 on: February 16, 2009, 03:15:53 pm »

Well, I just returned from a weekend visit with the folks, which means that I went shopping with my Mom.  My Mom loves to go shopping when we get together.  This time we went to an Eileen Fisher outlet and I got a really cool long black skirt and a dark grey jacket that has a very sleek, streamline cut to it.  So, I'm wearing my new jacket and skirt and an off-white shirt underneath.  And tall black boots.
8)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #379 on: February 16, 2009, 07:54:31 pm »
Party too much this weekend, friend?? ;) At least you have a day off to catch up!

Oh yeah......the weekend wore me out, but in a great way!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!