Author Topic: Your Favorite Brady  (Read 8784 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Your Favorite Brady
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 09:59:25 am »
Peter, by a long shot ... and he's still cute now!  ;)

But David, some people's favorite Brady might have been one of the girls.  ???

Yep - definitely Peter!  I don't recall being particulary smitten with any of the Brady boys at the time - but Greg so obviously thought he was a dreamboat that I found him kind of smarmy - especially when he sang that song - "clowns never laughed before, beanstalks never grew ...."   LOL!

LOL, Jan was always my favorite.  I always found Marcia and Cindy to be somewhat irritating.  Jan always seemed like the sensible one stuck in the middle.  She also always felt like an "underdog" type of character compared to her sisters... and I often find myself rooting for underdog-types (in lots of contexts).

Yep, me too, Amanda!  I know that she was supposed to be viewed as the one with "middle child" syndrome - but I always thought she was prettier and smarter than "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!" LOL!   

I need to call my younger sister - she loved this show! In the early 90's there was something called "The Real Live Brady Bunch" - a touring stage show that featured re-enactments of series episodes (with adults playing all the characters - even the children) - and she went to that several times.  Here's an interesting article about it:

http://www.btifilms.com/smp_press_NYT_Bradys.html

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 12:08:06 pm »
Yep - definitely Peter!  I don't recall being particulary smitten with any of the Brady boys at the time - but Greg so obviously thought he was a dreamboat that I found him kind of smarmy - especially when he sang that song - "clowns never laughed before, beanstalks never grew ...."   LOL!

Yep, me too, Amanda!  I know that she was supposed to be viewed as the one with "middle child" syndrome - but I always thought she was prettier and smarter than "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!" LOL!   

Marie

Oh, I'm cracking up right now, MarieZ, for your reminding me of the "clowns" episode where he's serenading some girl, I think.  You're right in that he was a bit "smarmy".  I must be a masochist, cause I found that made him even more attractive:)  The thing I didn't like about Jan was that she seemed to always be playing the martyr, especially the episode where the aunt whom she resembles (can't remember the actress's name) comes to visit.  She was just a bit too weak-willed for my taste, that's all.  Thanks for the giggle.  Wonder if you can find the series on DVD, that would be a lovely investment.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 12:49:51 pm »
..... especially the episode where the aunt whom she resembles (can't remember the actress's name) comes to visit.  She was just a bit too weak-willed for my taste, that's all.  Thanks for the giggle.  Wonder if you can find the series on DVD, that would be a lovely investment.

Oh, I remember that episode!  Imogene Coca played Aunt Jenny.  What always cracked me up was that the usually polite and diplomatic Mike and Carol come right out and tell Aunt Jenny the reason that Jan is so upset - because Jan thinks Aunt Jenny is so freakin' ugly she's afraid she'll grow up to look like her!  :laugh:

Oh, I'm sure you can get the series on DVD! 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2008, 04:13:07 pm »
I wanted to say Imogene Coco, but then for some reason, Phyllis Diller got stuck in my mind, and was too lazy to go check it out, thanks.  Neither actress is mentioned in the full cast and crew on IMDB, but then how could they have possibly mentioned everybody over 5 years?  I think you're right, though, thanks.  Amazon's got it for $110-$148 for complete series; little too steep for my budget, so I'll stick to reminiscing on here.   ;D
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 04:26:39 pm »
Sorry David, Jess and Mandy, it's definitely Peter.  ;) I think he even looks pretty good now!

Holy cow! That's Peter all growed up?  :o
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 04:36:43 pm »
Holy cow! That's Peter all growed up?  :

Yes! He was on a reality show not long ago.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2008, 05:44:29 pm »
Yes! He was on a reality show not long ago.

I have a vague memory of hearing about that show, but who knew he grew up to be such a manly lookin' man?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 11:03:00 am »
My Favorite character wasn't even a Brady.   

Alice was my favorite.   Not in a sexy way, get your mind out of the gutter!   LOL.

I always wondered what the heck Carol Brady did all day that they needed a maid.  ???

I don't ever remember seeing her go to a job.  ???

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 12:43:22 pm »
Jeff, I can sort of understand the need for a maid.  Affluential California family, well-paid architect as bread-winner, big house, lots of big rooms, six kids, with four of them being teenagers probably changing clothes 3-4 times a day, regular meals to fix for eight people (what are the odds of them all wanting the same thing -- ever???), doctor's appointments, sports teams, after-school activities, clubs they belonged to, grown-up social events to attend, etc. etc. etc.  I could see where old housewife Carol might need two more hands at the ready, since they could afford it.  Whatcha think now?

Atreyu, I was wondering if we could expand this post to include favorite Brady Bunch episode, if you don't mind?

Mine, without a doubt, would be the Davy Jones of the Monkees coming to meet Marsha episode.  I was soooooo in love with his British accent, I was DYING when he kissed her on the cheek at the end.  Wasn't until years later that I found out he was only like 5' tall.  I'm a fan of tall men, myself being 5'9", so that kind of put a bittersweet, after-the-fact tarnish on it, but all the same, at the time, I would have KILLED to be Maureen McCormick.   ::)
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...