Author Topic: Neighbors -- Nice, Not, or Nosy?  (Read 30386 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Neighbors -- Nice, Not, or Nosy?
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 07:17:28 pm »
Susie: Glad that you have now good neighbours!

We always had good neighbours too since 1948!

But these new so-called neighbours, she yelled at mother right away, yes the FIRST time she came to see mom!! That was her first sentence. And she is young like 30's or 40's!! And he is the same, another con... pretending to be sick in order not to work and get a pension, he got it!!

She killed all the squirrels by adding something to kill them all!!

She even brought her daughter to court, even if the daughter refused to bring her baby, because the grand-parents smoked cigarettes (and even dope) besides the infant!! But the judge ordered her daughter to bring the baby to these so-called grand-parents!!

What do you think of that?

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 07:27:30 pm »
Susie, may I say like you!

Animals deserve to live!

And what do you think about them smoking with the baby BESIDES them?

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 08:18:18 pm »
Thanks susie!

Like you say, they are NOT good grand-parents... if I may say!!

Guess, that they are like not-care-less about that baby, unfortunately, but just for themselves to show off and belittle good persons?

What do you and/or others thinks?

Hugs!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 02:06:11 pm »
My neighbours are harmelss - but we do have one particualry busybosy that knows everything that goes on - I swear she must sit at her window all day.....
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline shortfiction

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 08:58:42 pm »
I am in a suburban residential tract, lots of families and couples here.   I had some awful neighbors for a bit, but the ones I have now are awesome.   The folks across the street trade items with me when we have things the other wants; the ones next to me visit, exchange dishes/meals, take care of trash barrels, etc.; the one two doors down helped me put up a car canopy; the one up the street calls me every night to come and take a walk around the tract with her, etc.   We have met a lot of nice folks on our walks around here.

I am very, very lucky.

"This is the most uncomfortable coffin I've ever been in!"

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 09:12:57 pm »
I am in a suburban residential tract, lots of families and couples here.   I had some awful neighbors for a bit, but the ones I have now are awesome.   The folks across the street trade items with me when we have things the other wants; the ones next to me visit, exchange dishes/meals, take care of trash barrels, etc.; the one two doors down helped me put up a car canopy; the one up the street calls me every night to come and take a walk around the tract with her, etc.   We have met a lot of nice folks on our walks around here.

I am very, very lucky.

Sounds like a very nice neighborhood! The kind we should all be so lucky to be blessed with!  :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Artiste

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 10:15:04 pm »
Lucky some of you all...

at peace and free,

and pray that you will keep it that way when criminals try to take it over!

Hugs!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 10:17:44 am »
I live in a high-rise condominium community, and everyone pretty much keeps to him- and herself. But, boy do I have a nosy coworker. She joined our team late last summer. She's pleasant enough, and I know she's just trying to be friendly--and that knowledge just makes me all that more uncomfortable--but every Friday it's, "Got any plans for the weekend?" and every Monday it's, "Do anything exciting over the weekend?"

I don't wish to be unfriendly, but I'm a private person and I don't particularly care to share my private life with my coworkers any more than is absolutely necessary.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2008, 01:49:54 pm »
I live in a high-rise condominium community, and everyone pretty much keeps to him- and herself. But, boy do I have a nosy coworker. She joined our team late last summer. She's pleasant enough, and I know she's just trying to be friendly--and that knowledge just makes me all that more uncomfortable--but every Friday it's, "Got any plans for the weekend?" and every Monday it's, "Do anything exciting over the weekend?"

I don't wish to be unfriendly, but I'm a private person and I don't particularly care to share my private life with my coworkers any more than is absolutely necessary.

yeah, i hear ya......but i'd trade her in for my neighbor anyday.  i'd rather hear "got any plans for the weekend" than "i saw a white truck in your driveway yesterday......did you have company?  who was it?"

maybe the lady likes you...  lol... ;D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2008, 02:18:25 pm »
ooh Jeff - I am that nosey woman - I ask those questions every Friday and Monday - its just cos I'm polite & amd tryign to make conversation honest!

Just tell her you did housework and had a quiet weekend - that is enough to placate me!

Shortfcition - sounds like a nice little community!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/