Author Topic: Check out this new TV show......"Pop Fiction"  (Read 2617 times)

Online CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Check out this new TV show......"Pop Fiction"
« on: March 23, 2008, 10:02:35 am »
So, is this a TV show you would watch?

Well, I've just watched a show that's really funny!

It's called "Pop Fiction" and airs on the "E" network, created by Ashton Kutcher.

Pop Fiction, an eight-episode series, is a prank show targeting paparazzi and gullible media outlets. It's made with the eager help of stars, who were the laughing stocks of Kutcher's former MTV show. This time the shoe's on the other foot, and the series has been kept so tightly under wraps that E!'s own website fell victim to the Hilton hoax and other planted stories that producers won't yet divulge.

The premise, Ashton gets celebs to go out on the town in totally fake situations, to see how quickly the paparazzi and press will spin their pics into totally fake stories.

The first two that aired are two cases that were printed in the rag sheets and all over the internet blogs.

First, Paris Hilton finds religion and takes a new guru out on the town.  When she buys him dinner, he convices her to give her diamond necklace away to a stranger, as the greatest gift is to give.

The "shaman" was an actor, and the diamond necklace a fake.  Within 15 minutes of going out on the town, the story was all over the internet, and in the rag sheets the following week.

The second story was that singer Avril Lavigne was expecting a baby.  She and her husband were approached by "Pop Fiction" and they agreed to pull the prank.  She was fitted with a "baby bump" and they when into a children's clothing store.   Again, within 15 minutes, stories of Avril's pregnancy was all over the internet, and headlines were in the rag sheets the following week.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Check out this new TV show......"Pop Fiction"
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 10:11:01 am »
This sounds like fun, Chuck. I remember seeing the pictures of Paris with the guru guy. I didn't pay too much attention, and I didn't see the Avril Lavigne hoax.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 10:14:30 am »
What a great premise!! The tables are turned! Thanks for the recommendation, Chuck.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 06:58:40 pm »
I really dislike the premise.

Don't forget, what the paparazzi/mags are being fooled by is what they are reporting to us - the public - as legitimate or close to it.  Even a mild entertainment outlet like E! was fooled.

Don't we have enough issues with what is being reported as false or fabricated?

Here's a show that intentionally fabricates situations so that we - the public - will now waste airtime and our time on it.  It's bad enough that when we try to follow our favorite celebrities lives and careers we have to wade through rumors and dirt, and so now we have to wade through intentional lies as well - from the celebs themselves?  >:(

Thanks guys, maybe I'll just quit following you all together.  Who knows if the story of your latest movie or request for charity is real or not.    ::)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 01:14:49 pm »
I don't know who this actress is (someone named Audrina Partridge from The Hills) but rumor has it this tattoo is fake and she is another one who will show up on Pop Fiction. For those who can read Chinese, apparently the characters say something like "pork fried rice fried in pig's oil."

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 07:29:14 pm »
And apparently the rumor is true...this was a fake tattoo!