Author Topic: What's in a name?  (Read 8725 times)

Offline horo04

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: What's in a name?
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2009, 01:19:54 pm »
Your initials are JBG?? Please tell us!

My real middle name is Lee. It's my mother's middle name too, extending from her Southern roots (Robert E Lee). I like middle names because you can hide a secret meaning there. I gave my daughter the middle name of Giuliana. It means gardener in Italian, and the women of the Middle Ages in Italy were called that, because they kept the knowlege of plants as medicine.

So is your real 1st name Front??  ;D
"The mountains are calling and I must go"

Offline horo04

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2009, 01:21:32 pm »
     My name is Janice.  Plain and simple.  My mom had a friend from Hi-school, that was named that.
Hi Janice, my name is Cory.  Question to ask you.  Who is that in the painting you have at the bottom of your quotes?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2009, 01:25:38 pm »
So is your real 1st name Front??  ;D

Morning, Cory!! No. my real life name is not front, even though friend Ray used to call me Frontie. My folks just stopped at Lee...no they didn't, but they might as well have, since my father's last name got switched out by a husband or two. Better to make up your own name, so Front-Ranger I will stay, at least here in BetterMostland!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline horo04

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2009, 01:54:24 pm »
Hi Janice, my name is Cory.  Question to ask you.  Who is that in the painting you have at the bottom of your quotes?
Actually nevermind, saw that it was Heath in your photobucket page.  Funny, doesn't look a thing like him.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2009, 07:08:08 pm »
Actually nevermind, saw that it was Heath in your photobucket page.  Funny, doesn't look a thing like him.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2009, 01:40:28 am »
My  first name is Devony because my parents liked the name. Dad called me Devon. It can be hard for folks to remember or pronounce. Best way is Devin with an ie on the end. The rest of my family and friends call me Dev or Devony and sometimes Devi.
  ;) ;)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 09:42:21 pm by Brokeback_Dev »