Author Topic: Do You Like Beans?  (Read 28674 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Do You Like Beans?
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2008, 10:10:05 pm »
Beans are healthy!!

Maybe that is why Ennis and Jack were so sexy ??

And pleased to be so ??

Au revoir sexys,
hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 10:16:16 pm »
Beans are healthy!!

Maybe that is why Ennis and Jack were so sexy ??

And pleased to be so ??

Au revoir sexys,
hugs!

I don't know maybe it was the "Wild Turkey"?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2008, 07:07:12 pm »
Funny brokeplex!

I think that beans makes you more sexy!

Any such news? They sure are healthy!!

Hugs!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2008, 07:22:05 pm »
Hi Amanda. Here's what you should do to make the traditional Australian breakfast of baked beans on toast (it's probably done in a similar way in the UK):

1. Empty contents of can of baked beans into either sausepan or microwave dish and heat either on oven top or in microwave.

2. While beans are heating, place toast in toaster and toast on both sides.

3. When toast is ready, place on dinner plate and butter generously on top side.

4. Empty beans on top of toast and eat with knife and fork.

Easy-peasy!

Traditionally served with tea or coffee at breakfast time in Oz.

Heath would have been very familiar with this breakfast. He probably would have followed his baked beans with some vegemite on toast (eaten with fingers) and a big pot of freshly brewed tea. Mmmmm! Yum!

Enjoy!  :D

Heya!

So, I tried this for dinner tonight (minus the vegemite)!  I know it's supposed to be for breakfast, but I'm rarely on top of things enough in the morning to make a real breakfast.  Anyway, it was very tasty.  Is there any trick to preventing the toast from getting go soggy?  Or is that just part of the charm?  I really was good, and very filling.

8)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 03:09:48 am »
I selected baked beans, green beans and kidney beans.

In Germany, when we speak of beans we only mean green beans. They are often eaten as a side dish with meat and potatoes. The other varieties are eaten much less (and I haven't heard of half the kinds of beans you listed  :laugh:).
I like kidney beans in chili and as salad.

Canned baked beans are also yummy with scrambled eggs for breakfast, European style.

I remember when I went to UK for the first time. I had heard of the English breakfast before, but was still taken aback when I was served baked beans, mushrooms, baked tomatoes, sausages and other stuff for breakfast :laugh:. If you had told me before I would like beans, mushrooms etc for breakfast, I would have denied the possibility.
But I LOVED it!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2008, 03:16:51 am »
Is there any trick to preventing the toast from getting go soggy?  Or is that just part of the charm?  I really was good, and very filling.

Don't put the beans on top of the toast. Leave them on the plate and eat with the fork. Use the toast instead of a knife to push them on the fork. This way the toast has a little sauce on it but doesn't get soggy.
This may not be the classical way, but it's the way I prefer it.

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2008, 06:57:06 am »
Kerry your quite right, that is exactly how we have beans on toast in the UK. Now I,m really going to show myself up here and I know you,ll all laugh, but...what exactly IS cornbread? I,ve heard of it but I,ve no idea what it is sorry lol.
And I,m glad you liked the good old British full English breakfast Penthesilea, served with a huge mug of tea of course. Us Brits are awfuly partial to our tea, (said in my poshest English accent)  :laugh:
I like kidney beans in chilli, which I make hot, and I like baked beans on toast, with an egg on top too and smothered in HP sauce, yum yum.  ;D

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2008, 04:27:25 pm »
Look at Cassandras posting, she has a lovely link there....I'm useless at copy so you have to go there.....there you have the recipe for cornbread and baked beans!! S yummie.... :laugh:

I love beans....but my husband doesn't love me eating them.....wonder why..... ;D :laugh: ??? ;D

Berit
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Artiste

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2008, 07:04:20 pm »
Just a thought!!

I am surprised that neither Ennis nor Jack ever made home made beans !! ??

Or did one or both ??

Au revoir,

hugs!

injest

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2008, 07:45:28 pm »
Kerry your quite right, that is exactly how we have beans on toast in the UK. Now I,m really going to show myself up here and I know you,ll all laugh, but...what exactly IS cornbread? I,ve heard of it but I,ve no idea what it is sorry lol.
And I,m glad you liked the good old British full English breakfast Penthesilea, served with a huge mug of tea of course. Us Brits are awfuly partial to our tea, (said in my poshest English accent)  :laugh:
I like kidney beans in chilli, which I make hot, and I like baked beans on toast, with an egg on top too and smothered in HP sauce, yum yum.  ;D

it is a coarse bread made up of buttermilk, reg milk, corn meal, eggs...yum it is delish!!