Author Topic: Collections - What do you collect?  (Read 133857 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Collections - What do you collect?
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2008, 09:14:22 pm »
Thanks brokeplex!

Mine was in the movie Chicago  !!

Then, worth more?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 09:16:10 pm »
Thanks brokeplex!

Mine was in the movie Chicago  !!

Then, worth more?

Au revoir,
hugs!

if it is documented with authentications then your 48er may be of value to a movie buff.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2008, 09:23:38 pm »
Thanks brokeplex!

I sold it to that movie house.

I was assured that it was to be in that Chicago movie.

So, I do not have it now... anymore.

But I got rid of the two who sold it for me; those 2 were trying to keep 90 per cent of the sale in order to go again get drugs in Afganistan!!

That film house or agent, also bought a female coat from me for the movie!!

But if anyone can see if that flag is in that movie, since I have not seen it, please copy.

And how to find out if the flag is for  sale now, or it was sold after the movie came out?? Or they gave it to a museum or someone is keeping it?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2008, 09:32:05 pm »
Armstrong is pretty reclusive.  You are lucky to have met him.  Some of the others I have met, but not Armstrong.

Have you read his book?  I really enjoyed it, enough so that I bought it for my whole family for the holidays one year.

We have rows of lights.  Some are very bright, something like metal halide, and the others are spots.  I think the lighting will be okay.  The support struts are probably the way to go.  Most of the flags are 3x5 ft, so they should by fine.  It is going to be a bit of a project.

he is indeed, I always thought that he could have been the Lindburg of the 1970s , but it didn't happen.

this was during the time after Apollo XI, and before he became a corporate CEO.

no, I haven't read Glenn's book, now that you have reminded me, I think I'll look it up.

3' x 5'? you have medium sized flags, you might be able to arrange them in some other way.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 09:55:40 pm »
JMO, but I think Buzz Aldrin would have been a better choice than Neil as the first on the moon.  He so enjoys being in the public eye, and remains involved with space to this day.  First time I met him, it was at an outdoor dinner where I had had a glass of wine or 2 too many, and there was a gorgeous full moon.  I approached Buzz and asked him to be in a photo with me with the moon behind us.  He graciously obliged, but unfortunately many of the other diners liked my idea and I don't think he got a chance to finish his meal.

I highly recommend it.

I have been trying to figure this out for the past year.

it is puzzling that the Astronauts although lauded and respected, never became the celebrity heroes that aviators were in my dad and my grandfather's generations. my dad used to talk about the time he met Lindberg when he was a small boy, he still was excited about meeting and having his photo made with that man so long ago.

maybe we just don't have hero worship anymore?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2008, 10:07:35 pm »
Brokeplex, we are now becoming robots!!

And anyone has collected robots?

Hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2008, 10:18:06 pm »
I have some robot toys left over from my childhood. They are original "Robby the Robot" models made in Japan in the early 1960's.  No batteries, just a wind up kep in the back.  :)

Offline Artiste

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2008, 11:10:33 pm »
Lucky you brokeplex!

Some or all are worth bucks!

A few Japan robots are much bucks, earlier ones!

I had a Canada -Made or USA-made robot which brought me my cup of tea or newspaper.
Two of them!! Now sold to collectors!!

Have you heard of the robots playing together (this is a secret) ??

Au revoir,
Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2008, 12:59:06 pm »
Thanks susie!!

May I say that we seem to become to worship now criminals like China murdering innocent persons in Africa so to get their free oil?

And China murdering Tibetans for nothing, just because Tibet is being overtaken by China not giving jobs to the Tibetans and using them as second class or worst!!

Isn't it weird that many liked Saddam Heissein even if he murdered many of his peoples?? And he is liked  still to-day ??

To-day, we seem to worship men degrading females, and gays, in the USA, Canada, etc., by the rap songs and TV ads using them as just SEX objects, and nobody seems to complain anymore?? !!

So now, persons are becoming like robots... like we don't care about humanity anymore ?? !! Even if thousands of gay men to-day are murdered by islamic governments, we don't want to talk about that neither!!

So now, human bodies are being collected for body parts (unfortunately even if healthy) so that the utmostly rich and powerful, even if they are murderers, can live longer!!

Sorry for the thruth!

Is it a form of collecting, right??

Maybe that is why we collect metal robots now?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2008, 04:06:53 pm »
Or maybe we have let the space program go into decline while aviation is still (kind of) going strong?  I think people do hero worship today, just the wrong heroes, maybe.   :-\

Lindbergh almost singlehandedly developed aviation as we know into a world-wide phenomenon.  Sure people know he flew the Atlantic, but I don't think many people today are aware that most airports exist because of Charles.  Without the airports, no flights for the populace.  I am probably preaching to the choir here.   ;D  You might enjoy reading the space and aviation quotes I have posted in my blog, including a few from Charles.

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,18284.0.html

I am lucky enough to call one of his grandsons a friend, and hearing about Lindbergh's exploits from a member of his family is an awesome experience.

I think you are right that we are short on admiration today for people who are going out of their way to change the world for the better, true heroes.  Current society just seems more jaded.  Just look at the way we put down our presidential candidates for their little human slip ups.  History is full of presidents who did worse than our current candidates, yet no one belittled them.  People respected them for the big picture items.  I find it to be a sorry state of affairs.  None of us is perfect, and we shouldn't expect our leaders to be either.

you might want to go back and review some of the campaigns during the Gilded Age. It really is entertaining reading. You want to talk about dirty and mean!

1876,1888, and 1892 make our contemporary campaigns look like sunday school picnics. ( the "illegitimate" child of Grover Cleveland became a major campaign issue for the GOP to sling at Cleveland: one of their tactics was to hire a forlorn looking woman to stand up holding a baby "doll" at any campaign speech by Cleveland and start the crowd to chanting - "Ma, Ma where is Pa?  Gone to the White House, Haw, Haw, Haw!")

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grover_Cleveland