Author Topic: Yeeeeeeh a 'new' thing I noticed because of our new plasma TV  (Read 2713 times)

mvansand76

I never knew I would come up with something new I noticed because my boyfriend showed me BBM on our new Panasonic plasma TV!

This might have been mentioned before, but I feel that their first and last fight might be mirror scenes. The first (almost) fight is the one where Jack comes down the mountain hungry as hell and all he finds is beans. He quickly turns concerned when he sees the true nature of what's happening to Ennis and tries to comfort him by wiping away the blood. In their last he does the same when Ennis breaks down.

In their first fight Jack whines about the beans because that's all that he finds and we have all figured out long ago that the beans stand for their platonic relationship, when Jack really wants the deer (or what is it called again), which is a sexual relationship. In their last fight he openly tells him what he wants and doesn't want.

Ok. I'll shut up now.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Yeeeeeeh a 'new' thing I noticed because of our new plasma TV
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 03:51:52 pm »
No, don't shut up Mel  :)

I think these are a very good observations. Just from memory, I'd say it even fits into the palindrome/inkblot theory.
The post bear-encounter scene is roughly as far from the beginning of the movie as the lake scene fight is from the end, time-wise. And therefore both are equally far from the middle of the movie = the middle of the inkblot.

I could just picture Jack say "We gotta do something about this food situation our relationship situation". Of course he said it with other words, but that's not too far from Jack expressed.

Both times (part of) the dialog is about "all they got"

Ennis (post bear scene): "Beans 'bout all we got left."

Jack (lakeside argument): " All we got now is Brokeback Mountain."

(PS: the deer is an elk)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
Re: Yeeeeeeh a 'new' thing I noticed because of our new plasma TV
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 04:18:39 pm »
I never knew I would come up with something new I noticed because my boyfriend showed me BBM on our new Panasonic plasma TV!

This might have been mentioned before, but I feel that their first and last fight might be mirror scenes. The first (almost) fight is the one where Jack comes down the mountain hungry as hell and all he finds is beans. He quickly turns concerned when he sees the true nature of what's happening to Ennis and tries to comfort him by wiping away the blood. In their last he does the same when Ennis breaks down.

In their first fight Jack whines about the beans because that's all that he finds and we have all figured out long ago that the beans stand for their platonic relationship, when Jack really wants the deer (or what is it called again), which is a sexual relationship. In their last fight he openly tells him what he wants and doesn't want.

Ok. I'll shut up now.

really, those are excellent observations! thank God for Plasmas!