Author Topic: Meeting David Wilson  (Read 2844 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Meeting David Wilson
« on: April 11, 2008, 10:49:11 pm »
Alex and I just watched an amazing documentary on MSNBC called "Meeting David Wilson". The documentary is about a young African American man named David Wilson who travels to North Carolina to meet a decendant of the family (also named David Wilson) who owned his ancestors 150 years ago. During the program, David spends a day picking tobacco on a North Carolina farm and travelling to the actual NC plantation where his ancestors once lived and worked. David ends the documentary with a trip to Ghana Africa, the home country of his ancestors.

The film is not only a historical documentary, but also a study in race and race relations. It was absolutely an amazing documentary, and I highly recommend everyone watch it.

According to my TV schedule, it will repeat on MSNBC at 12 midnight ET, and again at 3 am ET, Saturday morning.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Artiste

Re: Meeting David Wilson
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 10:51:08 pm »
Saw it and liked it!

Merci, thanks!!

injest

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 11:05:47 pm »
Alex and I just watched an amazing documentary on MSNBC called "Meeting David Wilson". The documentary is about a young African American man named David Wilson who travels to North Carolina to meet a decendant of the family (also named David Wilson) who owned his ancestors 150 years ago. During the program, David spends a day picking tobacco on a North Carolina farm and travelling to the actual NC plantation where his ancestors once lived and worked. David ends the documentary with a trip to Ghana Africa, the home country of his ancestors.

The film is not only a historical documentary, but also a study in race and race relations. It was absolutely an amazing documentary, and I highly recommend everyone watch it.

According to my TV schedule, it will repeat on MSNBC at 12 midnight ET, and again at 3 am ET, Saturday morning.

sounds very interesting!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 11:52:49 pm »
Now bush is grown there now, right?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 11:58:22 pm »
Now bush is grown there now, right?

What do you mean Artiste? You mean at the plantation? I remember seeing some brush growing over on the side of the property, and he had to work his way through it in order to see the little slave cabin in the woods.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 12:01:16 am »
Yes, I saw that!

Like back in time of plantation!

Hard...
and yet life!!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 12:04:51 am »
He said the plantation probably once had 40 or more slaves, and only one cabin is still standing back there, and it wasn't in very good shape. They should try to restore it. The plantation house was in excellent condition, but the one remaining slave cabin was in terrible disrepair. Very very sad.