Author Topic: "The Person Below Me" Game  (Read 1047671 times)

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
Re: "The Person Below Me" Game
« Reply #2120 on: September 28, 2006, 01:29:11 pm »
No, not really. I never have.

The person below me got more sleep than usual last night.  :)

Offline ekeby

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2121 on: September 28, 2006, 02:28:16 pm »
nope, didn't get more sleep than usual, probably less . . . (But I do like to swim--used to swim a mile a day when I lived in NY)

The person below me watched South Pacific on TCM today . . .
I complain too much. That teacher don't like me. Now it's your turn.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #2122 on: September 28, 2006, 04:36:28 pm »
I hope it was the original South Pacific....a beautiful movie, with some of the greatest songs......

the person below me likes all the old Rogers and Hammerstein movies...Oklahoma, Carousel etc....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2123 on: September 29, 2006, 09:49:09 am »
False.  I loved them as a kid.  But I have trouble suspending disbelief long enough to imagine a world in which people walk around and suddenly break into song for no apparent reason, and then everyone else around them happens to know the song, too, and sings along.  Too jaded, I guess.

The person below me officially started on a diet today.   :P
No more beans!

Offline Katie77

« Reply #2124 on: September 29, 2006, 10:45:44 am »
I started the first diet i have ever been on, three weeks ago....i lost nearly 9lb in that three weeks......its a low carb diet....no sugar, potoatoes, bread,pasta....

the person below me, thinks they should be on a diet, but doesnt know where to start

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2125 on: September 29, 2006, 11:10:49 am »
False.  That was me last week.

I'm on a low-carb diet, too.  Inspired by The South Beach Diet, I call it the Lo-Carb Barb Diet.  Basically what you're doing.  I think it's silly to cut out fruits and vegetables like South Beach has you do for the first two weeks, along with anything else that has any carbs in it whatsoever.  But I'm cutting out white starches - that means no white bread, pasta (WAH!), potatoes, rice, cereal, and of course sugar (so no candy, cookies or cakes, either, but that's not a hard one for me).  But I can have whole wheat bread and pasta (which tastes like a foot, unfortunately), all the dairy I can stand, all the meat and eggs I can eat, and I do like meat and eggs, and all the fruit and veggies I want.

I did this three years ago and lost 15 pounds in a month and kept it off for a year afterwards.  My total cholesterol was the lowest it's ever been in my life, and my good cholesterol (HDL?) was the highest it's ever been - 94 - my doctor said it was like an athlete's.  HA!  And I felt *so* good.  Why did I stop doing it?  A little thing called Hurricane Frances, which knocked our power out for 2 weeks and rendered eating nothing but meat and dairy and no white carbs virtually impossible.  Once I got off the wagon, I could never get back on.  I tried a couple of times and my heart just wasn't in it, so I stopped after losing about 5 pounds.  Not this time.  I'm ready to go all the way again.  Bring it on, man.

The person below me likes to do a cold rinse in the shower right before getting out.
No more beans!

moremojo

« Reply #2126 on: September 29, 2006, 01:27:12 pm »
False. I hate cold water (except for drinking)! I love to shower though, but only when warm water is available.

The person below me is looking forward to Halloween.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #2127 on: September 29, 2006, 05:32:06 pm »
We dont have Halloween here in Australia...but I have seen pictures of all the crazy pumpkins that get carved over there...

The person below me is looking forward to Christmas

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #2128 on: September 30, 2006, 09:25:14 pm »
Yes and no. I love how everything looks around Christmas, with decorations and everything. And I'm definitely looking forward to the break from school. But I don't like the stress and how crowded stores always are. But mostly I like Christmas.

The person below me just made an exciting purchase recently. (My roommate and I finally bought curtains today! ;D We've been wanting them for a month!)

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2129 on: October 02, 2006, 12:44:07 am »
Yep, a different style of riding boots - and they work great - tried them out on a trail ride Friday evening.

The person below me heard some exciting news from a friend or family member recently.
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air