Author Topic: Chemistry Gone Terribly Awry  (Read 15912 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Chemistry Gone Terribly Awry
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 04:35:07 am »
As per Katherine's suggestion in another thread, and I quote:

7. Jude Law and Nicole Kidman in "Cold Mountain"
Very cold indeed!! They should have changed mountain..

Kevin Costner & Whitney Houston in "The Bodyguard"
Totally! But I loved the movie and the sound track was the very first CD I bought/owned!

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2006, 10:26:15 am »
As per Katherine's suggestion in another thread, and I quote:

So how 'bout it, everybody?  Who have you all found in your movie travels was supposed to have chemistry but didn't?  I'll name the ones that come painfully to mind to me:

1. Hugh Grant and Andie MacDowall in "Four Weddings and a Funeral" (loved his chemistry with Kristin Scott Thomas, though)

2. Hugh Grant and Emma Thompson in "Sense and Sensibility" (I see a pattern emerging, here ;))

3. Ralph Fiennes and J-Lo in "Maid in Manhattan" (oh, the PAIN!)

4. Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman in "Eyes Wide Shut"

5. William Hurt and Geena Davis in "The Accidental Tourist"

6. Jodie Foster and Richard Gere in "Sommersby"

7. Jude Law and Nicole Kidman in "Cold Mountain"

I know which Julia Roberts/Nick Nolte movie you're talking about, Katherine.  I never saw it, apparently thankfully, and I can't recall the name, either.  I remember hearing it was painful to watch the two of them together.

Can I nominate Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt for "Interview with a Vampire"?  Did I see the end?  Or was I sleeping?  Can't remember...
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 03:41:05 pm »
I haven't seen this one in the thread ....

"Proof of Life" with Meg Ryan and Russell Crowe. Terrible!!!!!

Then there is "Far and Away" with Tom and Nicole (none of their movies together had any hint of chemistry); Adam Sandler and that idiotic remote in "Click It"; Brad Pitt and Julia Roberts in "the Mexican"; AND last, but not least ..... (drum roll!!) Prince and Kristin Scott Thomas in "Under the Cherry Moon" CRINGE!!!!  :P
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2006, 10:09:46 am »
An asterisk for Hugh Grant:  I thought he and James Wilby had a crackle or two in Maurice.

vkm91941

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2006, 11:18:02 am »
Gwyneth Paltrow and just about everyone, I liked Proof but she and Jake, uhm no, I liked Emma but she and Jeremy Northam...as friends maybe and in Posession with Aaron Eckhart nope even though I love the film.   The only time  I can recall even a sparkle was in Shakespeare in Love and I still yawned.

:-\
I haven't seen this one in the thread ....

"Proof of Life" with Meg Ryan and Russell Crowe. Terrible!!!!!

So True! And that's when they were having the big affair that broke up Meg's marriage to Dennis Quaid.  Under the circumstances I would have thought we would have seen some heat.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 11:21:17 am by vkm91941 »

Offline opinionista

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2006, 01:55:50 pm »
Jake Gyllenhaal and Gwyneth Paltrow in Proof
Tom Hanks and Audrey Tatoo in The Da Vinci Code
Kirsten Dunst with anybody in anything since Interview with a Vampire. I don't think there's chemistry between her and Tobey Maguire. I find her Mary Jane annoying, (or is it her? can't tell)

I didn't like Julia Roberts and George Clooney in any of Ocean's movies they've been together. I'm finding Julia Roberts annoying lately. I liked her better when she wasn't that famous.

Hugh Grant in almost exactly the same role

Hugh Grant always plays the same role. Always.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 01:59:28 pm by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2006, 02:11:16 pm »
Tom Cruise and Kelly McGillis in 'Top Gun'. Put her with Harrison Ford in 'Witness' though and... yowsah!

Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley in 'Pirates of the Carribean'. (What is all the fuss about Bloom or Knightley?? I don't get it! :-\).

Russell Crowe and Salma Hayek in 'Breaking Up'. It was on TV the other night  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:. OMG, I LMAO - has to be one of the crappiest films I've ever seen!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 02:15:02 pm by saucycobblers »
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2006, 03:27:32 pm »
(What is all the fuss about Bloom or Knightley?? I don't get it! :-\).

I wish I could understand my own reaction to Orlando Bloom. Clean-shaven, to me he looks too much like a girl and reminds me of that other annoying girly-man Leonardo DiCaprio. But put a mustache and goatee on Orlando and yeehaw!

Keira Knigthley has a very English prettiness about her, but somebody feed that child a pizza with everything on it--and quick!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2006, 03:31:02 pm »
I wish I could understand my own reaction to Orlando Bloom. Clean-shaven, to me he looks too much like a girl and reminds me of that other annoying girly-man Leonardo DiCaprio. But put a mustache and goatee on Orlando and yeehaw!

He doesn't do a thing for me either way.  Now, Johnny Depp, on the other hand...  I just sense I could party with him, ya know?  ;)
No more beans!

Offline Midnight24

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Miss Princess
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2006, 03:37:41 pm »
He doesn't do a thing for me either way.  Now, Johnny Depp, on the other hand...  I just sense I could party with him, ya know?  ;)

Yeah, I agree. Orlanda doesn't do much for me, either, even when he first came out big. He acts good but his appearance doesn't do anything for me. Now, Johnny Depp on the other hand is a whole other story.  ;D
~*One kiss...and bam...you're mine*~
Total and Complete Jake Lover!!!