Author Topic: Quiz or Quizas? Part 2: "Quizas Reloaded"(answers now posted)  (Read 7846 times)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
Fran's score!
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 04:00:04 pm »
Fran scored: 33!

Howdy partner! Well done you are and official graduate of Quizas class 2. Feel free to piss in as many tents possible and sit on harmonicas anytime you like, you deserve it! Yee-haw, friend! That is more points than you've scored in the past few months. Coffee and cherry cake for all, that is unless you can't eat any just now!

Is there anything you can't do, girl?! You have got the highest scores in both of my quizes so far!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
I have come up with 3 very well thought-out *cough* concepts, Enjoy:

1) Julie you should play, even if it is just to knock Fran's "I am the winner" crown off, go on you know you want to! G'head give her a nudge! :laugh:

2) I have come to the conclusion that I should not type or try and write quizes whilst listening to "The Kooks". The reason being I can't pay attention, listen, sing, type, spell correctly and think all at the same time! That is why the genius that I am I put
6)Once curve…
instead of "One curve..." and changes have been made accordingly. As far as I know the rest are right, they might not be the same as in the film, but they are what is in the screenplay and that is what I am going on. If there are any other mistakes please point them out, chances are that I was listening to music when I typed them, don't blame me, blame the music.

3) The last thing I propose is that we all live in a house together as a Foursome as we are soul-mates of observance and perfection and I bet we would get along really well, so when am I moving in?

That is about it, apart from to tell you that the deadline for the quiz is the 15th of June and the answers will be posted on this date. Then it is on and forward to which was going to be the last quiz but seeing as I have only done half of the film in "complete the lines" I think I should finish off the project and do it properly. So there might be a conclusion to this part of the quiz, but only if you are good, there are enough people interested and more importantly: if I can be bothered!

Anyway Enjoy and Ta-ra,
Beckala :-*
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
The Pirate Bride's score!
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 04:38:33 pm »
The Pirate Bride scored: 30!

Howdy partner! Well done you are and official graduate of Quizas class 2. Feel free to piss in as many tents possible and sit on harmonicas anytime you like, you deserve it! Yee-haw, friend! That is more points than you've scored in the past few months. Coffee and cherry cake for all, that is unless you can't eat any just now!

Well done and just in the nick of time!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Answers!
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 04:51:18 pm »
Quizas Reloaded 2: finish the quote version.

1)If you pair ….
of deuces are lookin’ for work I suggest you get your scrawny asses in here, pronto.

2)Those camps…
Can be 3,4 miles away from where we pasture the woollies.

3)You got your dogs...
Your 30/30, you sleep there.

4)Nice to meet you…
Ennis del Mar.

5)My second year …
up here last year one storm the lightnin’ kilt 42 sheep.

6)One curve…
In the road in 43 miles, and they miss it.

7)Only thing…
Don’t ever order soup.

8)I doubt there’s a …
Filly that could throw me.

9)Come in…
For breakfast, go back to the sheep, evenin’ get ‘em bedded down, come in for supper, go back to the sheep, spend half the night lookin’ for damn Coyotes.

10)Happy to switch…
But give you a warnin’, I can’t cook worth a damn.

11)Shot a Coyote…
Big son of a bitch, balls on him the size of apples.

12)I’m spurrin’…
His guts out! Wavin’ to the girls in the stand.

13)Uh, uh…
Speak for yourself. You may be a sinner, but I ain’t yet had the opportunity.

14)You’ll get pitched…
Off your mount in a storm like this, wish you hadn’t tried it. Close up!

15)Fuck Aguirre?
What if we need to work for him again? We gotta stick this out, Jack.

16)I can spare you…
A loan bud if you’re short on cash. Give it to you when we get to Signal.

17)The count…
Ain’t what I’d hoped for neither, you ranch stiffs ain’t never no good.

18)Give it some gas…
Can’t believe I left my damn shirt up there.

19)Might go up to …
My daddy’s place, give him a hand through the winter.

20)You may kiss…
The bride…and if you don’t I will.

21)My old lady’s…
Trying to get me to quit this job, says I’m getting too old to be breakin’ my back shovelin’ asphalt.

22)Jenny stopped…
Her coughin’, I should take the girls to town this weekend, get ‘em an ice cream.

23)There’s a cheap place…
In Riverton, over the laundrymat. I bet I could fix it up real nice.

24)Let ‘em rip…
And snort boys! This one’ll be quick. Jack Twist hangin’ on for dear life.

25) Like to buy…
Jimbo here a beer. Best rodeo clown I ever worked with.

26) Save your money…
for your next entry fee, cowboy.

27) Woooeee… Look…
at this crowd. There’s bound to be a lot of pussy on a hoof in a crowd like this.

28) Hell, how would I know…
but if you make it between Wyoming and Montana, I’d pick Wyoming in a minute.

29) Fast…
or slow I just like the direction you’re goin’ in.

30) My daddy’s…
the hurry. Expects me home with the car by midnight.

Extra questions round.

31) What does it say under the post box that Ennis puts the card to Jack in?
"Out of Town"

32) How many cars are in the parking lot while Ennis is waiting for Jack to arrive?

33) What does Alma Jr. insist on coloring in her coloring book?
The beach

34) How much did Jack make that year he nearly starved?
$2,000

35) How many times is coffee mentioned in the film?
6 times

Well done! And of course, I don't know why I even have to say this but the winner is of course Fran! ;D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 04:59:14 pm by Becky »