Author Topic: .  (Read 206485 times)

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
Re: .
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2006, 07:21:53 am »

This thread has evolved into something truly beautiful..

Elle, I will be laughing about the Sound of Music reference all night..  ray, a drop of golden sun...  Beautiful..  :laugh: :laugh:

And Kirk, I don't have Ray's permission to blab about the contents of the original post... so uhh..  :-X

Sorry...  *still giggling here*
Chut up!

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2006, 02:50:42 am »
.--        .

.-..        ---        ...-        .

.-.        .-        -.--

Does anyone read Morse code?  This just took me about 15 minutes to do!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 02:56:13 am by Ellemeno »

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2006, 05:00:57 am »
.--        .

.-..        ---        ...-        .

.-.        .-        -.--

Does anyone read Morse code?  This just took me about 15 minutes to do!

We love Ray!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2006, 05:29:05 am »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Still can't believe a dot generated this many replies..

*sits smugly on knowledge of content of original message*
 :P
Chut up!

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #74 on: June 14, 2006, 01:57:20 pm »
I just noticed your sig Sheyne...Crowded House rules, I was listening to them a lot in San Fran.  Last week I got a special edition of Woodface with an extra disc that had five demos from the album, whoo hooo!

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2006, 02:01:31 pm »
Thanks for digging this thread up, Juan. As I drove in to work today, I thought I simply have to look at the . thread in order to survive the day. So I did a search, which the computer threw out because it was too general. We must keep . unburied, because it's too hard to find when it gets lost!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2006, 02:05:54 pm »
You're totally welcome  ;D

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #77 on: June 14, 2006, 04:57:30 pm »
I just noticed your sig Sheyne...Crowded House rules, I was listening to them a lot in San Fran.  Last week I got a special edition of Woodface with an extra disc that had five demos from the album, whoo hooo!

Juan

Glad you like their music, Juan. And seriously envious about the Woodface album!!  Funny, they're a band that Australia has claimed as their own (even though the Finn brothers are New Zealanders) and we don't get those special editions of the albums, just have to contend with the normal releases.

Have you got any of their other albums??  I'm trying to pick a favourite, you know, just in case I get banished to a desert island or something (i do live in reality... most of the time..  :P ) and I just can't pick between "Woodface" and "Together Alone". Woodface is a classic in every sense, yet Together Alone has my two favourite Crowdie songs of all time on it...  :-\

Anyhoo, glad they've made an impression on you. Love to chat some more if you're going to be in town in September. I think I mentioned it on another thread, but I'm coming to NY in late September and would love to meet up with some NY brokies for a beer.  ;D
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 04:01:31 am by hungry_hungryhippos »
Chut up!

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #78 on: June 14, 2006, 06:00:40 pm »
Well the first Foster's on me Sheyne!  I have all their albums, including a live disc that came with a Special Edition of their Greatest Hits, and one called Afterglow that has unreleased songs.  I don't know that last one as well, but their four commercial albums are all great.  Woodface is my favorite, and I can play How Will You Go on repeat endlessly.  What are your faves from Together Alone?  Fingers of Love?  Distant Sun?  Locked Out?

I can make you copies of any of these or send them if you have a messenger program.  I actually saw them in concert, wow, over 10 years ago.  One of the best shows I've ever seen both in terms of the music but their personalities and humor.  Do you like any of Neil Finn's solo stuff as well?  He has a voice like an angel (not unlike a certain San-Franciscan-about-to-become-a-Los-Angeleno-but-different-too), and he has this one song called Anytime that kills me everytime I hear it.

I can't wait for September!

Juan

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2006, 11:07:59 pm »
 8) !!!  8)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie