Author Topic: GET OVER YOURSELF...ERR...STARS AND THEIR BANDWAGONS  (Read 21610 times)

slayers_creek_oth

Re: GET OVER YOURSELF...ERR...STARS AND THEIR BANDWAGONS
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 06:29:03 pm »
Oh, and here's my biggest one:  Oprah Winfrey.  You're not that talented, not that bright, and not that pretty.  Yet you're a billionaire.  I appreciate that you give a lot of your money to good causes, but do you have to pat your own back about it so vigorously every friggin' time?  Oh, and guess what:  Those people at that French boutique didn't keep you locked out because you were black.  They kept you locked out BECAUSE THEY WERE CLOSED.  Period.  End of story.  Bye-bye.

Please, for the love of all that is pure, GET OVER YOURSELF.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 06:29:51 pm »
I know I'll get flak for this but I'll say it anyway...

Angelina Jolie

Take her. Please. Away.

Thank you,

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

rtprod

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 06:32:13 pm »
I know I'll get flak for this but I'll say it anyway...

Angelina Jolie

Take her. Please. Away.

Thank you,

L

Oh, boy, Leslie. 

Thin. Ice. 

rt

rtprod

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 06:35:29 pm »
Now this is a good thread!

I agree with the Celine Dion 100% and will raise you one Mariah Carey!

Oh, lord, not good old Mariah, you know, the one who DIDN'T suffer a nervous breakdown, just suffered from "exhaustion."  Just who was it that decided Mariah was so damn sexy?  I met her once in the Manhattan Mall, of all places, and she didn't look to be all that, to use a dumb expression that should have been buried a long time ago!  Well I'm exhausted too, but I'm not smashing plates around my house and coming here to bettermost saying, what was it again, "I just don't really know what's goin on right now, ya'll..."

And is there anyone out there who thinks the screeching teapot should just come down off the burner?  ::)

rt

« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 06:37:53 pm by rtprod »

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 06:37:14 pm »
I have to say I don't see the beautiful-ness of Angelina Jolie... I can take her or leave her.. don't hate her but don't love her either!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 06:38:24 pm »
George Clooney.  I actually have no problem with actors and singers being activists.  He just annoys the crap outta me in general.  And he ain't that good of an actor (or filmmaker), either.

LOL  I actually adore him.  But I agree he does have that “I am so wonderful” attitude even (or especially) when he is making fun of himself.  Someone made an icon using his picture; I probably break the rule of using the icon but not crediting the author here, but whatever.  I thought the icon made very good points.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 06:41:20 pm »
Oh, boy, Leslie. 

Thin. Ice. 

rt

She's a hypocritical, lying, manipulative b i t c h who has glamorized cutting (an issue that is near to me right now but I won't get into it here) and is a poseur for human rights, holed up in hotel in Africa waiting to have to have a baby--and has the African equivalent of state troopers hanging out so the paparrazzi won't take a picture of her, her man, and her kids.

And what movie was she in? Mr & Mrs. Smith? Lara Croft?

Please.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 06:44:04 pm »
Wait a minute now....don't nobody better talk about my Mariah!  Yall leave Mimi alone!!   >:(

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 06:46:28 pm »
Oh, lord, not good old Mariah, you know, the one who DIDN'T suffer a nervous breakdown, just suffered from "exhaustion."  Just who was it that decided Mariah was so damn sexy?  I met her once in the Manhattan Mall, of all places, and she didn't look to be all that, to use a dumb expression that should have been buried a long time ago!  Well I'm exhausted too, but I'm not smashing plates around my house and coming here to bettermost saying, what was it again, "I just don't really know what's goin on right now, ya'll..."

And is there anyone out there who thinks the screeching teapot should just come down off the burner?  ::)

rt

HAHAHAHA   :laugh:

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 06:55:40 pm »
Oh, now you guys are gonna bond over Mariah bashing?? 

OK, just goofing.  So as not to derail the topic, one mofo I really can't stand is Dr. Phil.  He lucked out by latching onto Oprah at the right time and peddles his heavy handed advice as some kind of counseling.  Dr. Melfi from the Sopranos is a better shrink than he is.

No, wait, Barbra Streisand in The Prince of Tides is a better shrink - and she boffed her patient's brother!!

Whew, that felt good!   :D

Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....