Author Topic: IMAGINE YOU....AND JAKE...OR HEATH...  (Read 10601 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: IMAGINE YOU....AND JAKE...OR HEATH...
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2006, 11:51:56 pm »
:) well for me this would be tough - several years ago when I lived in Newport, Rhode Island and was in catering/innkeeping, I had the opportunity to meet several celebs ...  I was never nervous while speaking to them and sometimes the conversations just came out of the moment in whatever they or I were doing. 

It helps to be working, though, because then you have an excuse to converse. As a journalist, I always feel 90 percent less shy if I have a reporter's notebook in my hands. But it's harder walking up to anybody cold, let alone a gorgeous movie star, as just a random starstruck fan. Between my normal shyness, my lack of good opening lines, my fear of intruding on someone's privacy and the deafening chant in my head (Marriott. Marriott. Get him over to the Marriott ...), I'm pretty sure I'd be tongue-tied.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 08:24:52 am by latjoreme »

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2006, 05:36:33 am »
Jake - Wait a minute!  I know you!  You're that little kid from City Slickers!

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2006, 07:49:04 pm »
Is it sad that I've had this daydream A LOT about Jake, about meeting him in a public place? Then I remember I live in the DFW area and no one cool comes here.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.