Author Topic: Do you believe some people have psychic gifts?  (Read 5357 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Do you believe some people have psychic gifts?
« on: April 28, 2008, 07:25:28 pm »
Do You Believe?

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Do you believe some people have psychic gifts?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 09:02:32 pm »
Why isn't there an "I don't know" category?  ???

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 10:05:33 pm »
Why isn't there an "I don't know" category?  ???

There is now del, thanks for bringing that oversite to my attention  ;)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 12:18:47 am »
Yes, I do believe in psychic gifts. Sometimes I think I may possess them, at least a little. I've had some dreams which have come to pass, and sometimes I will get a "feeling" about someone or something, and it ends up being true. Sometimes I will get a "jolt" of information when I shake someone's hand.

It's hard to explain.

I often times see ghosts and spirits too. Occasionally directly in front of me, but most of the time out of the corners of my eye. So, yes I DO believe in psychics and psychic phenomena.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 12:27:44 pm »
I definitely do.

I've had two experineces with psychis, and I'll come back here later, and talk about them.

I also (like David) believe I have some low level psychic abilities.....I'll share a bit with that too.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 01:08:54 pm »
Of course I believe!  I read tarot cards.  My predictions are always right on target!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 06:51:19 pm »
New book; pretty interesting interview with a psychic/medium:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/25724631&GT1=43001
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 09:43:29 pm »
 8) I knew you were going to ask me that!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 10:25:29 pm »
If it's true what the author says -- that you keep coming back until you get it right......I'll be back!!  :P 8) 
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 11:12:19 pm »
Ok, I said I had some experiences to share.

First one was about 10 years ago.  I had just come out a few months prior, and went out to a bar with some friends.  While there, some woman approached me and said I had a great aura, and she wanted to read my palm.  I figured she wanted to charge me so she could buy a drink, or she would ask me to buy her one myself.  I was feeling generous, and gave her my palm.

(I will put what she said to me in italics, and the answers as they truly are in bold)

Well, she started with the usual stuff.  I was a "new soul" and this was my first time on the planet, and going through a learning experience.  Then, she started to get specific.

"The number "7" is prominent in your life.  There is a 7 in your house number, and multiple 7s in your phone number."

The last number of my street address is 7, with the area code, there are 4 sevens in my phone number.

"There are two people in your life who are very important to you.  I'm not getting the full names, but the first initials are "a" and "h".

My mother's name is Andreea, and my dad's is Hilrey.

"I see an engagement and nephew in the near future."

My brother had just gotten engaged to a woman the week prior, and she had a 5 year old boy from a prior marriage.  Had they gotten married (he called it off several months later) he would've been my nephew.

"There is a young woman who is very important to you....She has long blonde hair, and her name is something like "Carrie" or "Cory", and you have long talks and she holds your hand."

She was talking about the woman my brother dated before the woman he was engaged to.  We stayed close, and I often called her the blonde haired sister I never had.  She would listen to me bitch when I needed to, and she'd hold my hand while she did.  Her name is Corrine.

She ended it by telling me that life for me would begin at 40.  When I offered her a drink, she looked at me and said "What I do is a gift from God, it would be wrong to accept anything for it." and she walked away, never saw her again.

My other experience was about 2 years ago.  My lover had broken up with me, and I was depressed.  One of my cousins suggested a psychic, and I figured if nothing else, it was a night out in NYC.  I called for the appointment, and was told to bring unmarked pictures for him to read off of.

When I showed up, I placed the pictures down face up in front of him.....he picked up pictures, held them, and then began to write in a small notepad that was facing him, I couldn't see what he was writing.  When he was done, he put the pen down, closed the book, looked at me, and went through the pics one by one. 

The easiest way to tell this the rest of the way would be to just give you the conversation.

Him:  These are your parents.

Me:  Yes.

Him:  What do they do?

Me:  They're retired.  Dad used to work on the railroad, and Mom was a teacher's aide.

(He ripped off the first page of the notebook, and handed it to me, it said "Engineer" and "teacher" on it.)

Him:  These are your brothers.

Him:  What do they do?

Me:  Mike is a detecive, Chris is in security.

(He ripped the next page off, handed it to me, and it said "cops" on it)

Him:  This was your last relationship.

Him:  You're hoping for reconciliation.  It's not going to happen.

Me:  Oh.....(sobbing starts)

Him:  I hate it when guys like him do this to guys like you.  He's a loner, and always will be.  He loved you the best way he could, but you deserve to be loved in the way that's best for you.

*side note, when my ex broke up with me, his exact words to me were "I'm a loner, and always will be."*

(he then picked up my picture)

Him:  You've been through a lot of changes.  You've dropped a significant amount of weight in the past few years.

Him:  Continue with that.  Now, tell me, what do you do?

Me:  I'm a banker.

Him:  No....that's your job.  What do you do?  Hobbies?  What makes you, "You"?

Me:  Oh....I exercise, surf the net a lot, recently started a lot of travel.

Him:  Ok, there are three things you didn't tell me about.

(he rips off the next page, hands it to me, and it says "Collection")

Him:  I can see it in your eyes....you're a collector...You didn't tell me about your books, or comic books, or animation cells.

Me:  You're right, I have all of those.

Him:  You're thinking of selling them.  Hold on to them, they'll be worth money one day.

(he rips off the next page, hands it to me, and it says "writer")

Him:  You didn't tell me about your poems and writing that you're doing.

Me:  Oh, I don't consider that a hobby.  I do it when I get ideas, but I don't persue it.

Him:  Start persuing it....this will be your brass ring.  And the last thing you didn't tell me.

(He rips off the last page, hands it to me, and it says "latin men")

Him:  You didn't tell me you like the "papis".  ;)

Me:   :laugh:  Well, I don't have a "type"....I think when you do that, you limit yourself.  I've always said I'd be open to dating anyone, no matter what ethnicity they were.

Him:  Ok, you miss being in a couple.  You want it so bad you can taste it.  You need to watch for an olive skinned Latino or Italian.  He's on his way.  You two will click like there's no tomorrow.

Me:  Ok.

Him:  And despite the pain I see in your past, your 40s will make up for it.  They are going to be great years for you.

He told me then that he wasn't getting any more messages, and the session was over.

As for the things I've seen/done.  Some of it is what David has said.  Getting "feelings".....seeing things out of the corner of my eyes.  Often I'll be walking to the car, and a song will pop into my head, and when I turn on the radio, the song is playing. 

I'll pick up the phone and call someone, and hear on the other end "Oh, I was just thinking of you."

I sometimes get what I call "vibes"......an anxious feeling in my chest, and I try to focus on it, and see if I get anything.  A few times I've gotten it while driving, and I clear my head, and the thought "slow down" appears, and when I do, a few minute later I'll pass a speed trap.

The one time that really freaked me out, I was on a highway, going up a steep hill at a good speed.  I suddenly got the thought to slow down.  I did, and when I got to the top, traffic was at a dead stop.  Had I kept up at that speed, I would've slammed into the car in front of me.

I looked down the road, and all  I could see were firetrucks.  of the 4 lanes, three were blocked, and we all had to merge into one lane.

I suddenly developed a splitting headache just above my left eye.  As I got closer to the trucks, it got more intense.  When I finally passed the trucks, I could see a small red sportscar, that had slammed into someone.  The windshield above the steering wheel was smashed in that "spiderweb" pattern, as if the driver's head connected with it.

When I passed the accident scene....the pain disappeared completley.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!