Author Topic: Yossi & Jagger?  (Read 3465 times)

mvansand76

Yossi & Jagger?
« on: May 04, 2008, 09:41:47 am »
Before the gay cowboys and the gay surfers there were gay soldiers...

Has anybody seen 2004's Yossi & Jagger?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Yossi & Jagger?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 10:45:07 am »
Yes, I watched it back in 2006.

It's good, not great, although as I recall, it had a very hot kiss at the beginning. It takes place in Israel and is in Hebrew with subtitles. It is just about an hour long.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

mvansand76

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 11:31:35 am »
Yes, I watched it back in 2006.

It's good, not great, although as I recall, it had a very hot kiss at the beginning. It takes place in Israel and is in Hebrew with subtitles. It is just about an hour long.

L

I just watched it and oh my god, the ending..... :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 12:07:43 pm »
And I understand it is a true story. I saw it in 2006 after Eric recommended it. Just heart breaking.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

mvansand76

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 03:22:00 pm »
And I understand it is a true story. I saw it in 2006 after Eric recommended it. Just heart breaking.

I need to see it on a normal screen to appreciate the small details, but I just loved the entire movie, found the ending heartbreaking, also when Yossi is at Jagger's mother's house and Yaeli is telling her that she was planning to ask him out and Yossi just sits there and is the only one able to answer that one question about Jagger.  :'(

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 06:02:26 pm »
Before the gay cowboys and the gay surfers there were gay soldiers...

Has anybody seen 2004's Yossi & Jagger?

Yes yes! Quite some time ago. I have had the DVD for a while. I love what Eytan Fox does! "Yossi & Jagger" is indeed based on a true story. The two leads are fantastic - imho. I have been strangely attracted to the Hebrew language for 10+ years now and find it very sexy!  ;D Anyhow, I even lent the DVD to my Arabic teacher last year. He preferred "Bubble" by the same director.

j. U. d. E.

MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

mvansand76

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 03:27:15 am »
Yes yes! Quite some time ago. I have had the DVD for a while. I love what Eytan Fox does! "Yossi & Jagger" is indeed based on a true story. The two leads are fantastic - imho. I have been strangely attracted to the Hebrew language for 10+ years now and find it very sexy!  ;D Anyhow, I even lent the DVD to my Arabic teacher last year. He preferred "Bubble" by the same director.

j. U. d. E.

I want it on DVD too, I saw it on Youtube bad quality and all, and I want to see it again to really appreciate it and the heartwrenching ending.

SPOILERS

We were discussing this on ennisjack the other day, that at least he got to die in his lover's arms and heard those words he was longing for. Jack never got that privilege....