Author Topic: Barack Obama vs. John McCain  (Read 58732 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Barack Obama vs. John McCain
« Reply #150 on: August 20, 2008, 08:11:17 pm »
Poll shows McCain in 5-point lead over Obama

Finally. Keep it up, John McCain. (I know you don't look at polls until 2 weeks before the election, but I'm just happy he was ahead today.)

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/politics/international_politics/obama+trails+mccain+in+the+polls+as+hillarys+supporters+switch+sides/2425912
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #151 on: August 20, 2008, 09:21:21 pm »
Poll shows McCain in 5-point lead over Obama

Finally. Keep it up, John McCain. (I know you don't look at polls until 2 weeks before the election, but I'm just happy he was ahead today.)

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/politics/international_politics/obama+trails+mccain+in+the+polls+as+hillarys+supporters+switch+sides/2425912

I'm happy you're happy about it, but I'm not happy about it at all. In other words, I'm happy you're happy, but I'd be happier if I was happy. Therefore, I am not very happy, but since I'm happy you're happy I'm a little bit happy.

:laugh:  :laugh:

Did that make any sense?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2008, 10:17:34 pm »

I'm happy you're happy about it, but I'm not happy about it at all. In other words, I'm happy you're happy, but I'd be happier if I was happy. Therefore, I am not very happy, but since I'm happy you're happy I'm a little bit happy.

:laugh:  :laugh:

Did that make any sense?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't know if it makes sense, but I get it. LOL!!!

You Obamaites have had the top spot in the polls for the first 3 months; we McCainians won't mind having it for the next 3!  ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2008, 10:26:41 pm »
Hillary and I agree on some things.  ;)  

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMVOT-IH8sg[/youtube]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #154 on: August 28, 2008, 11:19:51 pm »
I didn't get to see the whole speech, but I thought he did a good job with what I did hear. Great delivery. If I believed that I'd really be able to have a savings account if he were president, and that the world was really going to be all light and roses--I'd be tempted to vote for him. Great theater, but same old-same old as far as promises that probably won't be kept.

I'm not saying it will change that much with McCain either. My circumstances are basically no better or no worse no matter which party is in office. It's just that I agree with McCain on Right to Life and I agree with him about the terrorism problem. So I'd prefer him to win the election.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #155 on: August 28, 2008, 11:22:50 pm »
I didn't get to see the whole speech, but I thought he did a good job with what I did hear. Great delivery. If I believed that I'd really be able to have a savings account if he were president, and that the world was really going to be all light and roses--I'd be tempted to vote for him. Great theater, but same old-same old as far as promises that probably won't be kept.

I'm not saying it will change that much with McCain either. My circumstances are basically no better or no worse no matter which party is in office. It's just that I agree with McCain on Right to Life and I agree with him about the terrorism problem. So I'd prefer him to win the election.

I agree...but if wishes were horses, beggers would ride. I am worried about the state of the world today and want someone to talk about reality, not fantasies. How is he going to pay for all the promises he is making? I missed that part of the speech.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #156 on: August 28, 2008, 11:48:25 pm »
How is he going to pay for all the promises he is making? I missed that part of the speech.

He mentioned cutting corporate subsidies and tax loopholes (huge amounts of $).   He mentioned cutting inefficient government programs, and better, more efficient administration of remaining ones.   He mentioned ending the war in Iraq (which would save us 10 billion dollars a month).   

He also mentioned preventing more unwanted pregnancies.  He didn't place that in the context of saving gov't money, but the end result of that would be less of a burden on public assistance programs (WIC, medicare, medicaid) and the public education system.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2008, 08:26:43 pm »
I agree...but if wishes were horses, beggers would ride. I am worried about the state of the world today and want someone to talk about reality, not fantasies. How is he going to pay for all the promises he is making? I missed that part of the speech.

he will pay for it with your tax dollars.

injest

« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2008, 08:32:02 pm »
he will pay for it with your tax dollars.

I dont pay IN that much!!