Author Topic: Fast Food Reviews  (Read 12428 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Fast Food Reviews
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 02:55:47 pm »

YAY!! Somebody remembers it!!  :D

I started thinking about it, and I think they may have only put the mixture on the Big Shefs, which were very similar to a Big Mac. They shredded the lettuce and then put some sort of mayonnaise on top of it. It kind of reminded me of tarter sauce, but I think it was probably something else.

I remember too!
I think we had those when I lived in Maryland.
I was just looking at the website for In and Out Burger in California!
I love that place. Wishe we had those out here!  :(
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 12:15:36 pm »
I remember Burger Chef. There were at least 3 here once upon a time. I ate at In and Out Burger in San Francisco. It was very good. One of the best fast food restaurants around here is Hardee's.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 12:53:27 pm »
Just went to look at the article.  GOD I hate AOL.  WTF do you do about that effing floating Flash ad?  Sits right on top of the article and there's no close button?

Anyhoo, I shrank the text enough to read it.  They have some good writers!  Very clever.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 09:20:18 pm »
never heard of Burger Chef.  I used to eat Burger King all the time.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2008, 12:17:24 am »
I remember Burger Chef. There were at least 3 here once upon a time. I ate at In and Out Burger in San Francisco. It was very good. One of the best fast food restaurants around here is Hardee's.

I agree with you Jack! Hardee's IS very good. My favorite fast food restaurants nowdays is Arby's and Wendy's, although I really don't stop at them too often anymore, maybe once or twice a month. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 12:22:46 am »
never heard of Burger Chef.  I used to eat Burger King all the time.

We had lots of Burger Chef's around here Chuck, but they were headquartered in Indianapolis, so that's probably why there were so many of them. I always thought they were just an Indiana chain, but after reading some of the posts here from people in other states, I guess I was wrong! :)

Anyway, Burger Chef was very similar to McDonald's. Just about every sandwich McDonald's offered, Burger Chef duplicated, and often times the names were very similar too. Big Mac (McDonald's) Big Shef (Burger Chef). If I remember correctly, they spelled Chef with an "S" for some reason. ::)

And then they had the "Super Shef" but I can't remember what that was. I just remember the name. lol

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 08:33:58 am »

I loved Tastee Freeze!
Don't see them much anymore!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 11:07:14 am »
We had lots of Burger Chef's around here Chuck, but they were headquartered in Indianapolis, so that's probably why there were so many of them. I always thought they were just an Indiana chain, but after reading some of the posts here from people in other states, I guess I was wrong! :)

Anyway, Burger Chef was very similar to McDonald's. Just about every sandwich McDonald's offered, Burger Chef duplicated, and often times the names were very similar too. Big Mac (McDonald's) Big Shef (Burger Chef). If I remember correctly, they spelled Chef with an "S" for some reason. ::)

And then they had the "Super Shef" but I can't remember what that was. I just remember the name. lol

I'm going to Google "Burger Chef" when I get home and see what I can find, I'm curious now.

McDonalds could never get my order right.   :laugh:  I hate mustard, and I hate onions.  (I'm probably the only Italian who hates onions  :laugh:) so I would always ask for that to be held from my burgers.  I always ended up having to scrape them off the burger, and I could still taste it anyway.

(aaaahhhhh the legacy of the picky eater  :laugh: )

Burger King always got it right.   ;D ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2008, 08:07:21 pm »
The equivalent of Hardees in Los Angeles and apparently in many of the western states is Carl's Jr. I was wondering what was going on when I started seeing commercials with the same advertisements as Hardee's. It must be kind of like in the West the restaurant in the East known as Shoneys is called Big Boy. They also had a great diner in LA called Johnny Rockets. They had the jukebox things on the tables and everything. Mel's Drive-In also exists in LA and in fact the one where the old movie American Graffiti was filmed is there.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 01:18:20 am »
The equivalent of Hardees in Los Angeles and apparently in many of the western states is Carl's Jr. I was wondering what was going on when I started seeing commercials with the same advertisements as Hardee's. It must be kind of like in the West the restaurant in the East known as Shoneys is called Big Boy. They also had a great diner in LA called Johnny Rockets. They had the jukebox things on the tables and everything. Mel's Drive-In also exists in LA and in fact the one where the old movie American Graffiti was filmed is there.

Allow me to complicate things even FURTHER Jack! ;)

In the Midwest (Indiana and Ohio) Big Boy is called "Frischs (pronounced "Frishes" like the word "fishes" but with an added R in it) and up north in Michigan Big Boy is called Elias Bros. :)

I am familiar with Shoney's. I've seen them many times during my travels down through the South. We have a Shoney's here in Indiana too, but it is more like Waffle House or Bob Evans, and it is entirely separate from the Big Boy restaurants.

I TOLD ya I was gonna make it MORE complicated! ;) ;D :laugh: