Author Topic: Fast Food Reviews  (Read 12426 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Fast Food Reviews
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 09:33:26 pm »
I'm trying to think of what we have/had in in the NJ-East Coast  area.

well, of course McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's.  Arby's is still here in certain places. 

Used to have a place called "Gino's".....here's a link to them.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/jsf0864/page1.html

We used to have an "Arthur Treachers Fish-N-Chips" by us, but that's long gone....

http://www.arthurtreachers.com/at-menu.htm

There's 2 or 3 "Falls View Grill" by me....I go there when I'm in the mood for fries with cheese sauce.

http://fallsviewgrill.com/menu.htm

There's a place by me called "Rutt's Hut"......pretty famous (for the area) greasy spoon.....here's a link to a review.

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=1362

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 09:40:22 pm »
I'm trying to think of what we have/had in in the NJ-East Coast  area.

well, of course McDonald's, Burger King, and Wendy's.  Arby's is still here in certain places. 

Used to have a place called "Gino's".....here's a link to them.

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/jsf0864/page1.html

We used to have an "Arthur Treachers Fish-N-Chips" by us, but that's long gone....

http://www.arthurtreachers.com/at-menu.htm

There's 2 or 3 "Falls View Grill" by me....I go there when I'm in the mood for fries with cheese sauce.

http://fallsviewgrill.com/menu.htm

There's a place by me called "Rutt's Hut"......pretty famous (for the area) greasy spoon.....here's a link to a review.

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=1362

Boy, I haven't heard that name in a LONG time. I'd forgotten all about it. We used to have Arthur Treacher's here too. They pulled out of the Indy area years ago. Now we have Long John Silvers Fish and Chips.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2008, 09:46:17 pm »
Boy, I haven't heard that name in a LONG time. I'd forgotten all about it. We used to have Arthur Treacher's here too. They pulled out of the Indy area years ago. Now we have Long John Silvers Fish and Chips.

My parents and brothers enjoyed it there, and it was within walking distance of our house.  I am not a big seafood fan, so I would always get their chicken sandwich.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 09:50:17 pm »

We have Long John Silvers here too. Many of them are connected to A & W. We also have Dairy Queen. When my sister lived in Houston they had a place down there called Whataburger that was very popular. Oh yeah we also have a lot of Sonics around here.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2008, 10:35:22 pm »
I posted these pics on the Olympic site, and thought it would fit here too.....so we can see what really is CHINESE TAKE AWAY.....

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2008, 12:18:18 am »
Eww Yuck!  :P

I'm not trying to diss other cultures, but some of that looks really gross! Dog Brain Soup? Sea horses? They eat fish head soup there too I think. How can people eat things like that? Of course, they probably think some of our foods are very nasty as well. So if you grew up with it, then it would be normal to you. If not, it looks very strange and gross! lol

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2008, 07:45:26 am »
That's disgusting  :o Last night they were eating crickets and pig ears on Big Brother. That was disgusting too, but these things actually look worse.

injest

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2008, 08:12:55 am »
We have Long John Silvers here too. Many of them are connected to A & W. We also have Dairy Queen. When my sister lived in Houston they had a place down there called Whataburger that was very popular. Oh yeah we also have a lot of Sonics around here.

One Long John Silvers, Dairy Queens (they are losing a lot of customers because of falling quality...getting a bad reputation, their ice 'creme' is all that is keeping them afloat), lots of Sonics, and Whataburgers (which are having the same problems Dairy Queen have but they dont' have the ice creme to fall back on), Taco Bell/KFCs, and Taco Bueno (a cheaper version of Taco Bell...if you can believe there is a cheaper version of the food Taco Bell serves), one Grandy hanging on by its nails, a Wendy's and several Jack in the Boxes..and of course McDonalds and Burger King, neither of which we frequent.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2008, 02:05:12 pm »
..and of course McDonalds and Burger King, neither of which we frequent.

Jess.....McDonalds and Burger King are so last year..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2008, 02:19:50 pm »
One Long John Silvers, Dairy Queens (they are losing a lot of customers because of falling quality...getting a bad reputation, their ice 'creme' is all that is keeping them afloat), lots of Sonics, and Whataburgers (which are having the same problems Dairy Queen have but they dont' have the ice creme to fall back on), Taco Bell/KFCs, and Taco Bueno (a cheaper version of Taco Bell...if you can believe there is a cheaper version of the food Taco Bell serves), one Grandy hanging on by its nails, a Wendy's and several Jack in the Boxes...

That is a shame to hear about Dairy Queen there. I have always liked their food. However, I really don't know about the ones here either since I do not eat at fast food or restaurants much anymore. That is a good way to gain weight, not loose weight  ;) I know my friend in Texas said that Whataburger was not doing as good as they used to because of Sonic. I know they were very popular when my sister lived there. What are your Taco Bells and KFCs together there? I saw a DelTaco somewhere recently and I thought they went out of business a long time ago. We also have here Backyard Burgers, Boston Market, Bojangles, and Fuddruckers. I'm sure there are even more that I have forgotten about.

By the way, speaking of fast food and gaining weight, it seems to me that the fast food places always get blamed for people being overweight. I have always kind of disagreed with that since I think eating at any restaurant all the time will result in gaining weight. In fact, the places like Applebee's, Chili's, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, etc., etc. serve huge portions of very fattening stuff, but yet nobody ever blames them for people gaining weight.