Author Topic: BBM fan, met at the lights!!!!!  (Read 6245 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
BBM fan, met at the lights!!!!!
« on: June 06, 2008, 05:03:18 pm »
A few weeks ago, I was behind a truck with a wyoming sticker on the back.It had a picture of a cowboy on a horse.It reminded me so much of BBM. Then today, what a shock, I pulled up right next to the same truck at a set of lights,I had my window down and was immersed in the BBM soundtrack.We sat for some time and the guy in the truck leaned out and shouted BBM fan I see, isn't it just the best film ever.I of course agreed, we talked very briefly about Heath and the sadness.The lights then changed and he shouted see you around.

How odd is that.I have never met another Brokie in real life and there he was right next to me at the lights.I had wondered when I saw his truck previously, if he was a BBM fan.Then of course forgot all about it.In nearly 3 years, I have never had a conversation with anyone at the lights,maybe a wave or a smile,that's it.So we are obviously a friendly bunch, us BBM fans.!!!!

So keep your windows down, and BBM cd playing and you never know what might happen at a set of lights!!!! It could be your life partner.This guy was real cute, but I was obviously the wrong sex.!!!!!!

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: BBM fan, met at the lights!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 05:22:18 pm »
Wow, merci optom !

Maybe you were the right sex for him ? !!

If not, sure you can pass him on to moi !! ?

Say, bring a camera next time and take at least one pic for me of him ?

How old was this hunk ?

Au revoir,
hugs! 

Offline optom3

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 07:18:12 pm »
Wow, merci optom !

Maybe you were the right sex for him ? !!

If not, sure you can pass him on to moi !! ?

Say, bring a camera next time and take at least one pic for me of him ?

How old was this hunk ?
Au revoir,
hugs!
(/quote)

Who said he was a hunk ???? As it so happens he was half way decent,could not see his eyes because of big aviator styles sunspecs.Age wise I'm guessing mid 40"s and trust me you would be far more his cup of tea than me. I will try to remember to always have a camera with me in future.How remiss of me.
 I am sure a virtual stranger would not mind me asking him to pose for a photo should I be next to him at the lights again !!!!!!
He must live or work round here, as that is the second time I have seen him.
You don't get too many Wyoming truck stickers with cowboys astride horses round here !!! That's why it stuck out so much the first time I saw it.
He also must be quite brave as homophobia is rife in these parts.
In fact all sorts of prejudices abound, the whites hate the blacks and vice versa, they both hate the Mexicans,All 3 hate gays . The rich hate the poor the poor the rich and again both hate the hobos.
Yet every Sunday morning the churches are packed to the rafters, with all these, racist, bigoted,full of hate people, who don't get the irony !!!!
Me I wont set foot in a church, too many hypocrites for my liking. Me and my highe power have a little chat every so often. Normally whan I am in the bath.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 08:09:19 am »
Merci optom !

So, you saw him twice already ! That is news.

You talked with him ONLY once ?

Yes, the 3rd time, you will have hopefull that camera to take a pic ?

Dare ask him indeed !! I wonder how he will react to that question ? He is already brave, as you say !

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline optom3

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 11:51:35 am »
Merci optom !

So, you saw him twice already ! That is news.

You talked with him ONLY once ?

Yes, the 3rd time, you will have hopefull that camera to take a pic ?

Dare ask him indeed !! I wonder how he will react to that question ? He is already brave, as you say !

Au revoir,
hugs!

The first time I was behind him at the same set of lights ,as I was the other day when I ended up next to him.Yes I do think he is very brave sporting the bumper sticker he has.That is what first drew my attention to him.
I suppose I could just lurk by the lights for a few days he is bound to turn up again. But I think there is a term for that sort of behaviour,isn't is classed as stalking!!!!!!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 01:03:15 pm »
A few weeks ago, I was behind a truck with a wyoming sticker on the back.It had a picture of a cowboy on a horse.It reminded me so much of BBM. Then today, what a shock, I pulled up right next to the same truck at a set of lights,I had my window down and was immersed in the BBM soundtrack.We sat for some time and the guy in the truck leaned out and shouted BBM fan I see, isn't it just the best film ever.I of course agreed, we talked very briefly about Heath and the sadness.The lights then changed and he shouted see you around.

How odd is that.I have never met another Brokie in real life and there he was right next to me at the lights.I had wondered when I saw his truck previously, if he was a BBM fan.Then of course forgot all about it.In nearly 3 years, I have never had a conversation with anyone at the lights,maybe a wave or a smile,that's it.So we are obviously a friendly bunch, us BBM fans.!!!!

So keep your windows down, and BBM cd playing and you never know what might happen at a set of lights!!!! It could be your life partner.This guy was real cute, but I was obviously the wrong sex.!!!!!!

That's fantastic!

I've never had any 'brokeback encounters' out of the blue like that. I've walked around in my 'there ain't no reins on this one t-shirt' but no one took any notice :-\

And then to meet another fan just like that! Amazing!

Next: a meeting at the supermarket? At the feed store?  ;)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline optom3

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 07:49:55 pm »
That's fantastic!

I've never had any 'brokeback encounters' out of the blue like that. I've walked around in my 'there ain't no reins on this one t-shirt' but no one took any notice :-\

And then to meet another fan just like that! Amazing!

Next: a meeting at the supermarket? At the feed store?  ;)

It's just too weird isn't it. I thought he must have been a fan when I first was behind him at the lights.I never then gave it much thought. It was just so bizarre when I pulled up beside  him the next time, and it was the same set of lights.I permanently have my BBM CD playing, but also (don't shoot me) I was smoking so had the window down.If I had not been smoking he never would have heard the wings track and we never would have explained pleasantries.
So smoking is bad for your health but good for your soul. O.K it's bad for everything, and the kids don't know I have started again,hence open window.
I had been having an unusually stressful time.
So there you are, the whole story.The other thing that is odd is that these lights take for ever to change.We were on the side road going across a major highway,so they have a long delay.
I have tried to talk BBM with so many of my friends with little or no success and there he was a total stranger at a set of lights.So be on the lookout everyone ,you never know when you will encounter a BBM fan !!!!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 11:18:51 pm »

This is a great story Bud!  Thanks for sharing it.  I always think it would such a kick to meet a Brokie randomly in daily life.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 03:31:46 am »
What a great story Fiona.....obviously it was meant to be, something drew the two of you together at the same place at the same time (twice).

And for all you know, he might even be a Brokie on here......now wouldnt that be crazy.... :o
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline optom3

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 02:05:10 pm »
What a great story Fiona.....obviously it was meant to be, something drew the two of you together at the same place at the same time (twice).

And for all you know, he might even be a Brokie on here......now wouldnt that be crazy.... :o

I was so tempted to  ask him if he was on Bettermost, I was such a dither though to see a BBM fan in such a random way that I pretty well mumbled.It was only as we both drove off,I thought of all the eloquent things I should have asked.Including, do you live here in Sarasota.I am just so painfully shy in real life.That is why the internet is so good for me.
What is even more annoying is the first time I saw him when I was behind his truck, I remember thinking he just has to be a BBM fan.I swore to myself if I saw the truck again I would ask, an also about Bettermost.Well as per normal, my shyness got the better of me.I also did not want him to think I was trying to hit on him.Just too silly really.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 01:27:16 am »
The fact that you have seen him twice, might be an indication that he lives there.

Maybe you should write a note to him, and if you are beside him again, throw the  note through the window. But maybe that might be a bit brash.

Offline optom3

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 10:00:17 am »
The fact that you have seen him twice, might be an indication that he lives there.

Maybe you should write a note to him, and if you are beside him again, throw the  note through the window. But maybe that might be a bit brash.

I know, I kept thinking of all these things as I drove off.If it had been a woman I don't think I would have thought twice.I just would be so embarrased if he thought I was trying to pick him up.

When I post here I often wonder if there is anyone else from Sasrasota. It has very well known for the arts,Ballet,opera, artists, etc.In fact that is the one of the reasons we chose this side of the coast. I also know that historically arts pepple are much more liberal.But I have not seen anyone else on the map apart from me.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 07:13:59 pm »
Start a new thread.......IS THERE ANYONE ELSE HERE FROM SARASOTA????

And the bloke in the truck.....theres a good chance he was gay, so he probably wouldn't think you were trying to pick him up.

Offline optom3

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 08:47:27 pm »
Start a new thread.......IS THERE ANYONE ELSE HERE FROM SARASOTA????

And the bloke in the truck.....theres a good chance he was gay, so he probably wouldn't think you were trying to pick him up.

Good idea, think I'll get onto that tomorrow.