Author Topic: My Trip Account: Brokeback Roundup 2008  (Read 23076 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
My Trip Account: Brokeback Roundup 2008
« on: June 09, 2008, 03:27:51 pm »
Here is where I am going to recount my adventure as best as I can of the Brokeback Roundup 2008 which will also include pictures. And as I say I will not tell those things that fit into the phrase "What happens in Wyoming stays in Wyoming" or "What happens on the mountain stays on the mountain" stories. It will be a way I can remember the trip as well as share it with all of you. I hope they will let me have a link that goes to it from the main Roundup 2008 thread. Maybe they will. I will try. Expect things to begin showing up  ;)

injest

Re: My Trip Account: Brokeback Roundup 2008
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 03:28:37 pm »
May we make comments? Can I?? (cause I am all excited!)

*Jess settling back to wait for the slide show to start*

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 03:30:47 pm »

Of course you can make comments or post anything here. That is what it is for as well as providing my own story of the trip.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 03:38:21 pm »

Can I join you? I'll go make some popcorn.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

injest

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 04:04:58 pm »
Can I join you? I'll go make some popcorn.  :)

OOOO!!! Put lots of butter on my half!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 04:52:37 pm »
*awaits rolling credits*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Oregondoggie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 06:35:26 pm »
And as I say I will not tell those things that fit into the phrase "What happens in Wyoming stays in Wyoming" or "What happens on the mountain stays on the mountain" stories.

What?  No yarns about rollin' around in the snow?  Smoochin' with the bar gals at The Mint?   

injest

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 07:10:24 pm »
What?  No yarns about rollin' around in the snow?  Smoochin' with the bar gals at The Mint?   

someone smooched the bar GALS??? what??!!

someone gonna get their gay card revoked!!

Offline SamChez

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 07:53:39 pm »
Jack,
I am sitting right here on the edge of my seat!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 08:40:50 pm »
Jack,
I am sitting right here on the edge of my seat!

Hey Sam,

It is GREAT to see you here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I told you before I left that I had decided to go  :-\ Anyway I am getting my trip account together and downloading photos to Photobucket. The account of your trip last year before I went gave me the inspiration to try something like this on my own. Hopefully it works out as well as yours did. My college degree was in broadcast and print journalism with lots of sociology included. I never did anything with it so maybe I might use it here  :laugh:

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 08:42:59 pm »
Which is kind of funny since I just got my masters in Information Security and then the other degree in Cyber Crime Technologies. So I guess I really am confused  :laugh:

Offline SamChez

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2008, 09:25:43 pm »
It is GREAT to see you here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I told you before I left that I had decided to go  :-\ Anyway I am getting my trip account together and downloading photos to Photobucket. The account of your trip last year before I went gave me the inspiration to try something like this on my own. Hopefully it works out as well as yours did. My college degree was in broadcast and print journalism with lots of sociology included. I never did anything with it so maybe I might use it here  :laugh:
<Blush>  I'm tingling with anticipation!  Woops, just fell off the edge of my seat into my cornflakes...not a milk moustache - milk beard!  Never mind my lactose problem - TYPE!  WRITE!  UPLOAD!  And don't leave out the juicy parts ;) (or milky parts, if they may be).

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2008, 09:36:06 pm »
Ok, so on to the trip account before everyone gets bored and leaves............................

Departure for Denver

After several months of indecision of whether or not I was going to make the Roundup as well as the distinct possibility that my boss was not going to let me off work, the morning of Thursday June 29 arrived and it was time for me to arrive at the Asheville airport for my 6:40 am flight to Denver, Colorado. Although still apprehensive about what the coming days would bring I felt a sense of relief when I entered the airplane and knew I was on my way. There was a delay leaving since the plane had to switch gates due to a fuel spill. No, the fuel spill was not from the plane I was riding on. Finally the plane took off and much of my doubt about the trip disappeared and I was glad I was not at home wondering whether I should have gone or should have stayed at home. Flying above the clouds I felt a sense of freedom. It seemed that I was flying over a sea of cotton candy.

The plane arrived in Minneapolis late so that meant a wild running dash all the way over to the other side of the airport to catch my connecting flight. I needed exercise and I got it. I arrived at the gate as the plane was boarding and got to my seat with no trouble. As the plane left the gate the pilot announced that one of the ignitions on the engine was not working so we would have to go back and get it repaired. We left around 40 minutes late. We finally took off and although the ride was bumpy because of turbulence we made it to Denver with no problems. I do believe I did a lot of flying over Nebraska and I think that is what appears in the photo below.

I made it to Denver where Rodney picked me up. We then made our way with the help of the GPS to meet Adam and Lee for lunch. It was a great lunch.

Stay tuned for the next episode of Jack's trip to the Round Up!!!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2008, 10:18:41 pm »
<Blush>  I'm tingling with anticipation!  Woops, just fell off the edge of my seat into my cornflakes...not a milk moustache - milk beard!  Never mind my lactose problem - TYPE!  WRITE!  UPLOAD!  And don't leave out the juicy parts ;) (or milky parts, if they may be).

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sam, now you don't want me telling everything  ;D

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 10:35:08 pm »
Rodney's Aurora House, the BBM collection, and Pictures of Alberta

Unfortunately I have no pictures of this part of my trip, but it was definitely worth writing about. After lunch Rodney took me to his new house in Aurora and it is definitely a beautiful house. I really wish I had some pictures of it to post. If anyone else does please post them here. As many of you know Rodney has an EXTENSIVE collection of BBM memorabilia. He showed me a lot of it; however, I know this was only a small part of his collection. We were supposed to meet Adam and Off Line Chuck for a Chinese dinner, but they were too busy getting the final trip arrangements made. Rodney showed me his photos of the Alberta trip along with descriptions of what was in each one. I do hate I missed that trip. Rodney is such a genuinely nice guy. We need more Rodneys in the world. We left his house that evening and went over to Adam's house. It was already too late to get much for dinner so we decided to go to the Double Tree for dinner. Adam had to get me checked into the hotel anyway. After dinner I made my way to my extremely nice room which was complete with a king size bed and a balcony. I was completely worn out so I went to bed and slept well.

injest

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2008, 10:44:07 pm »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sam, now you don't want me telling everything  ;D

you can tell ME!! (pm me if you have to!)

injest

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 10:45:33 pm »

oh my lort!!! I am getting airsick just LOOKING!!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 10:57:31 pm »
Jess it would be hard to fall out of the plane  :) The plane would have to fall first  ;)

injest

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 11:15:29 pm »
Jess it would be hard to fall out of the plane  :) The plane would have to fall first  ;)

I dont' know if I am strong enough to hold that big ol thing UP there!!

:P :P

Cool picture though...it is fun to look at since I don't have to be the one taking it!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2008, 01:48:54 pm »
Hey Jack, where's the rest of the story?   ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2008, 02:48:15 pm »
Hey Chuck, it actually moves to here at this point:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,20860.0.html

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 02:16:37 pm »
And as I say I will not tell those things that fit into the phrase "What happens in Wyoming stays in Wyoming" or "What happens on the mountain stays on the mountain" stories.

I guess the entire Roundup fell in that category, hehe!! Seriously though, it sure would be nice to see a few more pictures!
"chewing gum and duct tape"