Author Topic: It's Summer and Time to Fire Up the Grill! Burger Recipes and Tips  (Read 2353 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
From AOL:

Everyone wants to build a better burger, but many folks end up serving dried-up pucks or sloppy piles of meat mush all season long. Follow our simple tips and rockin' recipes and you'll never make a bum burger again.

It all starts with the right fat ratio. Read on.

http://food.aol.com/grilling/burger-recipes?icid=1616058736x1203869318x1200411337
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: It's Summer and Time to Fire Up the Grill! Burger Recipes and Tips
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 12:22:35 am »
Well, this isn't a burger recipe, but I just grilled some salmon last night, and the recipe was so good and so easy I feel compelled to post it.

2 T real maple syrup
2 T good soy sauce
2 pounds salmon filets

Mix the syrup and soy sauce together. Paint mixture on the non-skin side of the salmon. Let sit for 15 or 20 minutes. Grill salmon, about 5 minutes per side.

This was supposed to serve four, but we ate only about half of it, so I guess really it could serve eight!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: It's Summer and Time to Fire Up the Grill! Burger Recipes and Tips
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 12:56:39 pm »
This is not a burger recipe either, but it is for a potato salad to go with  grilled fish.

Peel and boil potatoes in normal way, chop roughly and then fold in mayonnaise and chopped fresh dill,salt and pepper.
The dill gives the salad a lovely light taste and goes beautifully with all sorts of fresh grilled fish.

I also make a tomato salad with sliced tomatoes and sliced mozzarella, layered alternately in a flat dish.Just prior to serving pour over a light balsamic vinaigrette dressing (light olive oil,Dijon mustard,balsamic and sherry vinegar) and plenty of chopped basil. Goes well with most meat.
The dressing I just make to my own taste,more balsamic and it is sweeter,more sherry vinegar and it is more tart.

I always make a cous cous salad as well.Make up according to packet instructions,then mix in finely chopped cucumber,cherry tomatoes, and fresh chopped mint.Just before serving stir in some of the same vinaigrette dressing from above.

Lastly I add grated strong cheddar cheese to my coleslaw salad,which I make with chopped red cabbage and grated carrots and mayo/creme fraiche 50/50 mix.It is a little lighter with that mix ,but the cheddar gives it a real tang.

I have taken these 4 salads to lots of pot luck bbq's here and they always seem to go down well.