Author Topic: Ack!! Help!! 2009  (Read 21534 times)

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
Re: Ack!! Help!! 2009
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2009, 02:39:42 pm »
Hatched!!!
I saw the mother/father sitting higher up on the nest in the last day and this morning when I went to check on her/him, saw the dove sitting high on the nest, and suddenly just below, a little wing stretched out and shook itself.

Awwww!

You should name one of the babies after our very own LittleWing!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2009, 06:31:01 pm »
There are two!  Sitting there on the nest staring at me this morning.

Heath and Holly.  ;D

I'm going to buy a disposable camera tonight to try to catch a picture of them.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2009, 02:55:33 pm »
Too late!!!

Holly and Heather have grown up and flown the coop.  Got pics though.  Will develop them soon.

I had a day to let my cats enjoy the weather on the balcony, go the nursery, find a hanging basket to use as a nest, should the horny parents come back and last night it rained.  I said to myself, I put up the fake nest Sunday after it stops raining.

Damned birds are back!!!  Sitting in my plant again before I could put up my fake nest.

>:( >:(

Is it possible it's not Fern?  And just another horny couple who got the word my balcony was a good place to nest?

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2009, 07:57:40 pm »
Why do these things happen when I'm in such a rush to do other things? 

After my last report, I dashed out the door, already late to run my errands and get to work and what do I see, but Holly and Heath sitting together on the top step of my staircase.  They were just sitting there.  Two miniature doves, fresh out of the nest.  They just sat there and looked at me.  I tried to scoot past them and Heath flew off.  Holly, showed that she was still new to flying and had trouble leaving the eave - she understood the concept of "up" but not "out".  She finally flew off, ran into a wall and fell down.  I didn't see what happened to her after that.

I just came back from work.  The dove is gone.  I snuck outside.  No eggs in the nest.  I took the plant inside and I hung up the fake nest. If it was just a false pregnancy - do birds have such things? - next time Fern or whoever comes back, there will be a better place for her.