Author Topic: Least Favorite Food  (Read 21479 times)

injest

Re: Least Favorite Food
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 01:10:12 am »
You don't like that limburger cheese do you Amanda? My dad eats that stuff sometimes. WHOOO!!! I can't even be in the house when he eats it. It's smells terrible... like dirty feet!  :P :P  :laugh: :laugh:

I think some people are just gluttons for punishment. Why else would they eat something like that? Phfft!

oh god...HEAD cheese....*gag*

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2008, 01:13:46 am »
I actually like everything on your list except for the tofu. And I'm not too fond of Brussels sprouts. They taste like STRONG cabbage. Anyway, I voted for tofu. There may be some recipes that I'd like, but I haven't had any of those yet.

Fried catfish -- you don't eat that? With hushpuppies and onion?

Fried okra -- YUM. I even like it slimy when it's cooked in black-eyed peas.  ;D

Fun thread, David.  ;)

Optom3, I've heard others say they dislike certain foods because of the texture. Some don't like yogurt; some water chestnuts -- things like that.

No, I don't like catfish either Shasta. You wouldn't either if you saw what some of those catfish looked like around here! Last year on the news, somebody here in Indiana caught a catfish with HIS BARE HANDS and the fish weighed over a 100 lbs. Big ole' UGLY thing!

I don't like any kind of fish except tuna out of a can. Amanda had me half way talked into trying sushi sometime, but I haven't done it yet.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 01:15:23 am »
I actually like everything on your list except for the tofu. And I'm not too fond of Brussels sprouts. They taste like STRONG cabbage. Anyway, I voted for tofu. There may be some recipes that I'd like, but I haven't had any of those yet.

Fried catfish -- you don't eat that? With hushpuppies and onion?

Fried okra -- YUM. I even like it slimy when it's cooked in black-eyed peas.  ;D

Fun thread, David.  ;)

Optom3, I've heard others say they dislike certain foods because of the texture. Some don't like yogurt; some water chestnuts -- things like that.

But I LOVE black eye peas!! I eat them all the time... right out of the can.... cold. :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2008, 01:16:32 am »
oh god...HEAD cheese....*gag*

Ewww. I should have put that one up there in the poll. Disgusting!

injest

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2008, 01:23:07 am »
But I LOVE black eye peas!! I eat them all the time... right out of the can.... cold. :D

purple hull peas!! YUMMMMMMMMM

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2008, 01:24:30 am »
Fun idea for a poll!  :D

On this list I voted for okra.  The first time I ever had it, I think it was prepared wrong and I just remember it being very, very slimmy.

But, I agree with others here about blue cheese... I really don't even like the idea of blue cheese (let alone the way it smells or tastes).  I love all other forms of cheese though.  And one other item, that I think is commonly loved by a lot of people but which I really don't like at all is asparagus.
I'm not a very picky eater and consider myself pretty adventurous, but the foods that I don't like I feel pretty strongly about.

I like aspargus tips, but not the stems. They are too chewy and nasty and make me say EEEUUUOPP!!  :P

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008, 01:24:50 am »

Ewww. I should have put that one up there in the poll. Disgusting!

I love all cheese including blue, oops sorry.There is however one cheese called stinking bishop which even I can't eat.My husband does though,or used to in England. He could only have it in the summer when he could eat it outside.It is unbelievably stinky, and that's from someone who loves all blue cheese and runny brie and cammbert.
Not keen on oysters either,again it's a texture thing,don't care how much of an aphrodisiac they are.YUK, open wide and swallow !!!!! Hmm reminds me of something else.

injest

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 01:25:45 am »

*shudder*

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2008, 01:27:58 am »
I like everything on your list except broccoli. I've never been fond of broccoli.  :(

And I don't believe I've ever tasted okra.  ???

The food I particularly can't stand and absolutely refuse to eat is offal. Hearts, brains, livers, kidneys, tripe, etc. Baaaaaaaarf!!!   >:(   :P

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2008, 01:28:23 am »

*shudder*

O.K  I give in, what is that a picture of.It looks gross in the exterme.