Author Topic: OT: MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 3 is a KILLER movie! GO!  (Read 58821 times)

rtprod

Re: OT: MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 3 is a KILLER movie! GO!
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2006, 06:45:21 pm »
Sorry, ladies, for taking the thread briefly back to its ORIGINAL TOPIC (ahem!) but I just wanted to mention that I took my sons to MI:3 today and rt, as you promised, it was riveting.

My favorite part is where he's sliding uncontrollably down the 45-degree-angled glass roof of a skyscraper, about to fly backward over the edge into downtown Shanghai traffic to meet his certain doom, and in that 15 seconds or so is able to get out his gun and, while lying on his back, take out two security guards with pinpoint accuracy. Tom Cruise is a fairly despicable person and only an OK actor, but he is a really good movie star.

(I did read today that Tom sent Brooke Shields a basket of baby gifts, which was a nice gesture!)

OK, back to the polishing question.

So nice to hear back that you enjoyed it!  I think my favorite moment is on the bridge when he turns around and the helicopters are rising behind him.

rt

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2006, 06:50:49 pm »
So nice to hear back that you enjoyed it!  I think my favorite moment is on the bridge when he turns around and the helicopters are rising behind him.

rt

I LOVED that scene. I also loved the last 15 mins or so of the film; just great!

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2006, 08:22:42 pm »

Haven't even seen it yet.  :(

Please forgive me, rt..   :-*
Chut up!

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #153 on: May 30, 2006, 03:39:12 am »
Finally saw Mission Impossible III.  It’s the best action movie that I have seen in the recent few years.  It actually exceeded my already very high expectation.  The opening scene was very powerful.  The movie grabbed my attention and kept me on my tiptoe the entire time.  The emotion was high, the action sequences were well designed, and old Tom acted like a super hero and regular guy at the same time. Like many movie franchises, some plots in MI3 inevitably became predictable.  But overall it’s thrill ride from beginning to end, and I didn’t mind the parts that were predictable at all.  My husband, who is not a big action movie fan, and who only agreed to see Mission Impossible III with me because I agreed to see The Da Vinci Code next, thoroughly enjoyed the movie.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 10:38:17 am by JennyC »

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #154 on: May 30, 2006, 09:38:36 am »
I finally saw it yesterday.  Thoroughly enjoyed it myself.  Call me trite, but my favorite moment was when Keri Russell (Lindsay?) asked him if he had enough rounds left, he goes, "Yeah," snipers the bad guy with one shot, and then throws the gun down saying, "I'm spent."

I agree with Katherine, I think it was:  He's not on my list of favorite actors and he's a shit of a person, but he makes one hell of a movie star.  Action hero, really.  I was totally able to suspend any disbelief to the point that I forgot how much I loathe him, so he must be *really* good at it.

And Jonathan Rhys Meyers was in it.  Yippee!  That was an added bonus I wasn't anticipating.  Too bad his role was minimal, but he lit up the screen every (rare) time he was on it.  For me, anyway.  :)
No more beans!