Author Topic: Our friend Heath is a busy man...  (Read 5910 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Our friend Heath is a busy man...
« on: May 30, 2006, 06:20:13 am »
There was a rumor Heath was going to take a year off to spend with his baby daughter, Matilda. Seems like it was just that...a rumor. We've got Bob Dylan and now this. I have to tell ya, I'm a "Strictly Ballroom" fan (also Baz Luhrmann). This could be good!

Ledger replaces Crowe in Luhrmann movie

By Indo Asian News Service

New York, May 30 (IANS) Oscar winner Russell Crowe has been replaced by Heath Ledger in the untitled Baz Luhrmann movie because he demanded script approval.

According to pagesix.com, the movie, which stars Nicole Kidman in the female lead, is a love story set in Australian outback just before the Japanese bombardment of Darwin in 1942.

The producers asked Luhrmann to get another actor and he chose Ledger after meeting a lot of actors.

A source said: 'Luhrmann liked him and offered him the movie. Then Crowe came back to Luhrmann and said he'd forego script approval and wanted to do the movie, but they told him it was too late - to buzz off.'
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Our friend Heath is a busy man...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 06:26:00 am »
"Our friend Heath is a busy man... "

LOL   I saw that thread title and first thought:  "What? is Michelle pregnant again?" 

He he he!      6 am  and my mind is still in the gutter!   

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 06:49:40 am »

LOL   I saw that thread title and first thought:  "What? is Michelle pregnant again?" 

Go read the PM I sent you, David  ;D
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 06:53:21 am »
Thanks Leslie!    You really know how to make a mans blood boil so early in the morning!     He he he!

I need to go over to the "Jake Jake Jake"  thread now.   I think the tent needs fixing.

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 12:09:20 pm »
This makes me happy ! I love Baz Lurhman, this should be a good pairing... almost as good as Jake and David Fincher (can you tell I'm ready for Zodiac to come out??)  ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 02:53:11 pm »
I'm so happy my boy is getting some serious and well-deserved roles. I love him comedy (it's so not his personality) but now he is getting the recognition to which he is entitles-his Ennis del Mar is the stuff of legends. Move over A list, there are 2 new sheriffs in town!

Giving him some serious rubylove

O0

Heathen

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 05:33:28 pm »
Thanks Leslie! That is EXCITING news! Can't do much better than Kidman--'less it was Jake.

Can't wait for Zodiac, eithrer..pravtically my home town--in fact (gulp!_ it sorta was...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 06:56:37 pm »
Woohoo for Heath! 
I am ready to see any movies with Jake and/or Heath in them!
If we can't have another Heath/Jake pairing anytime soon, I'll settle for 1 of the 2 ;).

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 07:05:42 pm »
Thanks, Leslie, our Intrepid Reporter, for this!  IMDb lists the "Untitled Baz Luhrmann Project" for 2008, so Heath could take that year off and still make the movie.

Here's the url for it.  For the discussion board (spit/read/spit), go to the bottom of the page:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0455824/

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 05:54:53 am »
News report today says that Crowe is still out. Heath discussed the project but passed....maybe he really doesn't want to go back to Australia to make a movie.

I'll keep y'all posted.

Leslie

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 06:10:14 am »

Same here! A part from the mind-in-the-gutter thing...  :P

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 01:55:28 pm »
More details...

Heath Ledger has reportedly passed on Baz Luhrmann's offer to star in the $150 million epic tipped to be Australia's answer to Gone with the Wind.

Russell Crowe was in line for the role opposite Nicole Kidman, but Hollywood producers told Luhrmann to look elsewhere for the Rhett Butler of the Outback after Crowe's continual requests for script changes wore thin, The Daily Telegraph reported yesterday.

It is believed Ledger passed on the film in favour of a higher profile role due to be announced soon, the newspaper said.

The film is set to go into pre-production in October with shooting due to begin in February.

Meanwhile, Luhrmann is scouring the US for a new male lead.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 01:58:10 pm »
More details...

Heath Ledger has reportedly passed on Baz Luhrmann's offer to star in the $150 million epic tipped to be Australia's answer to Gone with the Wind.

Russell Crowe was in line for the role opposite Nicole Kidman, but Hollywood producers told Luhrmann to look elsewhere for the Rhett Butler of the Outback after Crowe's continual requests for script changes wore thin, The Daily Telegraph reported yesterday.

It is believed Ledger passed on the film in favour of a higher profile role due to be announced soon, the newspaper said.

The film is set to go into pre-production in October with shooting due to begin in February.

Meanwhile, Luhrmann is scouring the US for a new male lead.

Hmmm....thanks Leslie....lookin forward to seein Heath in more roles...he's really taken off since BBM hasn't he....offer after offer after offer!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 07:20:52 pm »

Yep he officially turned it down....

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3503581

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2006, 07:48:33 pm »
If the filming was planned to take place in OZ, I wonder if that was a factor. Heathbaby is still pretty raw about his homeland.

O0

Heathen

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 07:06:44 am »
Here's another rumor about a possible role for Heath:

Rachel Weisz, who has just – congrats! – given birth to a baby boy with fiancée Darren Aronofsky, is considering signing on to Phillip Noyce’s next planned film, Dirt Music.

Heath Ledger is also considering the Australia-based tale, which adapts Tim Winton’s novel about a loveless couple trying (and failing) to make the best of life in a remote fishing village.

But don’t expect a big announcement just yet. Noyce still has to lure funding for the film and he’ll be limited by his actors’ schedules – Weisz will be dealing with a new baby and shooting Wong Kar Wai’s My Blueberry Nights, while Ledger has signed up for a part in unconventional Bob Dylan biopic I’m Not There.

Still, having the Oscar-scooping Weisz on board would help crack open a few wallets…