Author Topic: Happy Birthday to optom3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 33418 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Happy Birthday to optom3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: June 26, 2008, 01:14:07 pm »
Happy birthday to our lovely and wonderful Fiona (optom3) on Saturday, June 28!!!!!

If you're heading out this weekend, be sure to leave your wishes for Fiona here before you do!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Happy Birthday to optom3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 01:56:38 pm »

...and many more!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 04:03:48 pm »
Thankyou very much.
This is the last one I am going to admit to, 49 on Saturday,the next one is just way too scary.I thought 40 was bad and that only seems like he blink of an eyelid ago.I sure hope time starts to slow down a bit soon.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 04:07:25 pm »
Happy Birthday Fiona! Enjoy every day, every year, they are a gift.

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 04:12:48 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FIONA!!!

Happy Birthday to one of my favorite Brokie people here!!  :-*  :-*  :-*

Have a very happy and safe birthday, Fiona! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 04:22:52 pm »

Fiona!!!

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 09:01:19 pm »
I am liking very much all these birthday wishes.
It almost makes up for another year gone.A wise man, my father, once said to me,why should I worry about birthdays, I am only one day older than yesterday!!!!
He is the person I really I miss from England. We used to have a terrible relationship, then round about my 30th year, we discovered we really liked each other.It is very hard not seeing him.
So odd really , he was not tactile at all when I was a kid.He was very stern and taciturn.Then when I made my practice so successful, he seemed to rediscover me, and all of a sudden he wanted hugs and was always telling me how much he loved me, how proud he was of me and how sorry he was that he had not told me enough when I was growing up.
I know why he didn't, it was because my mother is so attention seeking, there was no time for me and my brother.She lived in hospital, so much that even when I had my oldest son and we both nearly died, as I had an abruption,and emergency section,she did not come to see me,she managed to get herself admitted to hospital at the same time!!!!!!
My husband was not there either,off drinking.So I vividly remember going down to theatre, with the doctor saying ,not quietly enough, we have to hurry this or we are gong to lose both of them. I have never felt so alone or scared in my life.I remember asking if my baby would be O.K  and the nurse just said we are going to do everything we can.Then crazy thought, I remember saying, I haven't even got any diapers,as he was so early!!!!
My alcoholic husband spent all his time even more drunk/celebrating and my father came into see me once, in tears, as he tried to explain why my mom was not with him.I just said it doesn't matter, he got really angry and said it bloody well does, and he was never one to swear.
Funny how birthdays bring up odd memories.
I guess maybe you get sentimental and I in particular would love to see my father.
But all my lovely Bettermost messages don't half fill a gap, so again thankyou all !!!!!!

Oh and another nice thing, my son's tennis coach said he would give me a weeks free clinics or lessons.How kind is that.I have had t stop my lessons with this recession so my son can continue.This will make you all smile,he aked my son yesterday what I liked, and Matt said Heath, cooking, led Zeppelin and tennis !!!!!
He could only help with the tennis,but I was so touched that Matt knows me so well and also that his coach would give me a whole week free. Sad girly that I am I burst into tears.Kindness from unexpected sources.

Offline ChrisC

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 04:34:06 am »
To Optum3 (Fiona)

I would like to wish you a very Happy Birthday today.  I have only been here a short time but you have made me feel most welcome, your kindness and words of wisdom go unsurpassed. So whatever you have planned today, go and enjoy.

Chris  ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 05:42:39 am »
Hey Fiona! If you look in your profile within the next 20 hours, you will see a piece of cake with a candle in it!! You better look quick, because it disappears once your birthday is over! ;)

Happy Birthday Fiona!! :D

(I realize I've already wished you a happy birthday, but I couldn't help myself. I had to do it again!! :D )

Go look at your profile! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 07:19:26 am »

Have a Wonderful Birthday, Fiona!!