Author Topic: Kudos to Bravo for doing as they said with rpt. BBM !!!  (Read 67593 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Bravo's version of BBM censored beyond belief, a joke
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2008, 12:40:22 pm »
John, awesome and excellent.  And it's exciting that it is generating further discussion around the net.  And Jess, it looks like your comment got posted too, hunh?  Congratulations and big thank you to both of you!!!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2008, 12:58:59 pm »
John what an amazing result.I am so glad I started the thread.I was getting a bit worried the way some of the posts were going.
I am so excited I wonder now if my letter will be printed. No matter such a blatant admitting of an error is incredible from Bravo. Stands back and salutes.!!!!!!

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2008, 01:21:30 pm »
At least they had the courtesy to respond!  That's great.  Now we'll just have sit back and wait and watch. . . .

Offline Artiste

« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2008, 02:44:30 pm »
But BRAVO will place back ONLY the kissing scene ?

Offline optom3

« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2008, 03:40:45 pm »
But BRAVO will place back ONLY the kissing scene ?

That's all they need to put back ,so at least the movie becomes the true tragic love story it is meant to be and not just random sex. They completely altered the whole perception by leaving out that scene.
O.K it would be great if they restored all f TS1, but this is America not europe.So I think that was never going to happen.They block out womens breasts in cosmetic surgery procedures.
I would be happy with the TS2 being shown i its entirety and so allow te whole tragedy to properly unfold

Offline LauraGigs

• My Design Portfolio
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2008, 04:17:55 pm »
Brokeback on Bravo:

Lureen:  You don't think I'm too fast, do you?  Maybe we should put the brakes on?

Jack:  Well, maybe we should.

Lureen:  Yeah, I think we should too.  Anyway, I gotta have the car home by midnight.  Wanna meet my parents?

[There are more of these on the PhotoCaptions thread.  Feel free to join in!]

injest

« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2008, 08:01:49 pm »
Brokeback on Bravo:

Lureen:  You don't think I'm too fast, do you?  Maybe we should put the brakes on?

Jack:  Well, maybe we should.

Lureen:  Yeah, I think we should too.  Anyway, I gotta have the car home by midnight.  Wanna meet my parents?

[There are more of these on the PhotoCaptions thread.  Feel free to join in!]

ROTLMAO!!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2008, 09:10:08 am »
Why give in to BRAVO !

Urging them, BRAVO, to place ALL parts back in , wouldn't that better ?

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2008, 10:12:44 am »
I may be wrong here but ...

I believe Bravo's a canadian station - (thus the pro-gay reputation[?]) a part of the CITY-TV family of stations.

Bravo is part of the NBC Universal family in the USA.  Often, however, country-specific versions of the network are developed for distribution abroad.  These often are partnerships with other entities.  In Canada, Bravo partners with CTV-Globemedia.  In the UK, they are associated with Virgin and the entire focus of the network there is on male viewers (they even have a completely different logo).

No basic cable networks HAVE to censor - the FCC does not regulate content of basic cable networks.  However the cable industry maintains voluntary compliance with the rules that govern over the air broadcast television, with a bit looser conduct when it comes to profanity.  Different networks have different standards.

Bravo, which has more gay-themed programming than any other non-gay oriented cable network, opened themselves up for this backlash by someone's overeager cutting and dubbing.  Most people actually prefer you just go silent during expletives instead of the clumsy dubbing work (Scarface's dubbed for television version was the funniest thing I'd ever seen).  Bad dubbing is always distracting.  My guess is a Hollywood based distributor was actually responsible for the hack job.  They usually are the ones to market a "broadcast ready" version of a movie, and the network just runs what they get.  But an exclusive cable run does give extra power to Bravo to request changes to the cutting and pasting the distributor does, which is why they are claiming they'll do better next time.  Chances are, Bravo will rerun the movie many times before their contractual window ends.  After that, Brokeback Mountain will become available to broadcast television, and THAT will be real interesting when a network decides to run it for the first time, probably during one of those summer "Movie of the Week" events.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming