Author Topic: Kudos to Bravo for doing as they said with rpt. BBM !!!  (Read 67409 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Bravo's version of BBM censored beyond belief, a joke
« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2008, 12:33:16 am »
Hey Fiona, Would it be fair to update the title of the thread now?

Yes, I think they played fair and so should I, so it's done.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Kudos to Bravo for doing as they said with rpt. BBM !!!
« Reply #161 on: July 23, 2008, 04:01:48 am »
I am really impressed that they fixed it.  It sure seems it's because of the Brokies who spoke up.  :)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2008, 08:27:35 am »
I saw the repeat on Bravo an I got to share the movie with a freind who called me.   It was the first time I shared watching BBM with someone else.  It was so cool.  And yes they kept the snit in tact and they also showed Ennis pulling up his pants the morning after the FNIT.  YAY

Offline optom3

« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2008, 03:26:55 pm »
I am really impressed that they fixed it.  It sure seems it's because of the Brokies who spoke up.  :)

Do you think we should try for world peace next ???? !!!!!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2008, 03:51:03 pm »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for the laugh Fiona :-*

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #165 on: July 23, 2008, 04:49:11 pm »
Laura, the "second night in tent" scene (the most important imo) was fully complete and understandable. Bravo lived up to their word and fixed it. :)

This is just such great news!  Good job to any and all Brokies who wrote in to Bravo to help fix the GDBOUS regarding the censored version.

One of the things I find truly fascinating about this whole Bravo scandal, is that we've all come to realize truly how significant TS2 is to the whole feeling of the film.  And, furthermore, we see how much of an impact editing choices in the construction of a film are!  Still, it's amazing to realize that TS2 isn't in Proulx's story.

I for one think TS2 is crucial to the film and establishing the emotional connection betwen J & E... the kind of love that's bound up with a physical connection.  Without it, the sense of the character of their relationship truly would be very different.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline optom3

« Reply #166 on: July 23, 2008, 09:34:21 pm »
This is just such great news!  Good job to any and all Brokies who wrote in to Bravo to help fix the GDBOUS regarding the censored version.

One of the things I find truly fascinating about this whole Bravo scandal, is that we've all come to realize truly how significant TS2 is to the whole feeling of the film.  And, furthermore, we see how much of an impact editing choices in the construction of a film are!  Still, it's amazing to realize that TS2 isn't in Proulx's story.

I for one think TS2 is crucial to the film and establishing the emotional connection betwen J & E... the kind of love that's bound up with a physical connection.  Without it, the sense of the character of their relationship truly would be very different.

It opened my eyes to a lot of things.
If I sometimes sneak in the odd guilty pleasure of a reality show, I used to sit there  and think, yeah right, when some nobody said, I'm not that bad they just edited to make me seem so.
Having seen how the whole context of a film can change by cutting just one part of one scene, I will be less judgemental in future. In the s.s we know from Proulxs' descriptons that the 2 are falling in love.The film needed the second tender night in the tent to point us in the right direction.
I learned long ago not to trust newspapers. I was interviewed by a local paper when I relocated and expanded my practice, and I swear not one word that was printed ever came out of my mouth.
Fortunately, it was all fairly positive, but it was however a complete fabrication.
The other thing to emerge from this fiasco is, maybe as a group we have more power than we realise. It sometimes to me at least, feels like one small voice in the wilderness, but maybe I underestimate, the power of a group of people with one commn goal.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #167 on: July 24, 2008, 03:44:13 am »

You bet!

:)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #168 on: April 30, 2009, 12:57:53 pm »
Interesting thread! (thanks for directing me, Chrissie)

I can't  believe they actually had Jack say "high altitude flings". That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

The "new" angle of Jack and Ennis during FNIT was interesting however. I'm completely addicted to "new" footage.

I don't care for censorship in general, and especially not in this movie. It's so very beautiful and to censor those specific scenes goes against the contense and message of the movie itself. Very sad.